I love my dog

Old 02-01-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I love my dog

I am just throwing this out there. I love my little dog max. without him I do not know what I would do. For anyone that is single without children(or with children) that is going through a tumoil relationship go and get yourself a pet. My little dog(he is a shitzu) is one of the only things that truly has made me happy while going through this. He can tell when I am sad....he will just curl up in my lap and just sit there. They say that therapy is good for the soul but so is having a little dog that loves you regardless of what is going on.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love my dog too!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

aren't they just wonderful. Gosh i wish that I had a pic to show you. He is a little shitzu and boy is he the best thing that has ever happened to me. Its funny because my little sister and I lived together at one point and she wanted a dog soooo bad. Well I was opposed to it because I thought that I don't have time to be a good caregiver. Well she couldn't make it financially and she moved back home and the dog remained. Thank god for that. I never thought that I could love a dog sooo much. I can't imagine what it is like to have a child!!! I can't wait for children. My biological clock is a ticking!!!

I guess I love my dog so much because of my codepenency!!!!-ha. I know that he needs me and I can train it to be the perfect dog......if only men where that easy-LOL
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

My dogs are my family. I have always had dogs and they have gotten me through some of the worst times of my life.

In the last year I have acquired not one but 2 Belgian Shepherds. The first one, Shania, I got from a gal that used to be here at SR, she is a breeder of Belgians, and Shania was one of hers that came back to her at 10 months old, for reasons I won't go into here, lol.

Denny 57 saw her when she was back at the Breeders, and I got her in April of '07 at 18 months old. I was 'warned' at that time that Belgians are EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE, just like Lay's potato chips, you can't have just one, lol. Naaaaaaaw not me, yeah right.

Here's Shania, my princess:

Then I fell in love with this face:

And on December 1st his breeder in Houston shipped him to me, his name is Mitch and he was 6 1/2 months when he arrived:

And these two have changed my life considerably!!!!!

Yes I am now addicted to Belgian Shepherds!!!! My other 2 dogs are a Shep/Husky mix named Pacho and a Chow/Poodle mix named Tucker. It'a a wonderful family!!!!!!!

Thank you for starting this thread, dogs and cats and horses always bring a smile to one's face!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 02-01-2008, 09:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am not a dog person, but I finally gave in.
Who can blame me?
Old 02-01-2008, 10:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OMG everyones's dogs here are so precious....they were put on this earth for a reason. It is funny how when you are at home alone with your pet how you just don't feel alone. It is also funny how our dog doesn't want anything to do with the abf when he is drunk........hmmmm guess were not the only one who knows that something just aint right. What is also funny is how the abf has said this to me. He is like " Max just doesn't want anything to do with me when I am drunk"......gosh think that he would get a freaking clue.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I made a decision that breaks my heart, even tho it feels like the right decision.

I’m giving my dog ( Sarn) back to her original owner….

The woman got sick, really sick, using crystal meth and was hospitalized….she left the dog in the care of so called ‘friends.’……then she left the country to rehabilitate…….again, she left the dog in the care of different so called ‘friends.’….who really didn’t want the responsibility of caring for a large Alaskan malamute…..and quite by chance ( Divine intervention, I think.) she came to live with us and was adopted as a full member of the family….that was 7 months ago.

Now the woman’s well again and say’s that the loss of Sarn is impeding her full recovery…… She’ll pay for plane trip to New Zealand and any vet bills for Bio security…lots of tears from her end of the phone…and I do feel for her…hmmm. Life is all about second chances isn’t it? We all wouldn’t be here otherwise…would we…

7 months, a day at a time…..

We lived through the adjustment period, when she was getting used to us….and we were getting used to her…she’s huge, and she was a little bit scary before we got to know her…malamutes don’t bark, they make ‘other’ noises…and it took a few weeks to understand she wasn’t growling at us….more like just saying ‘hello.’….or ‘I want my food Now.’…and it’s been months since she pissed on the carpet.( it was a battle of the wills, if I won, she pissed on the carpet in protest) malamutes are funny like that J…….she’s a lovely dog…and I’ll miss the sight of 45 kilos of fluffy love running at full pelt to towards me.

I understand how much the woman loves Sarn, and I know Sarn would love to be with her again……

Anyway, sometimes doing what feels like the right thing…hurts.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't love my dog ('cause I don't have one) but I do indeed love my 4 cats.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Alfelfa is my little man, hes a 7# papillon just full of p*** & vineger, I got him last april.
smart as a whip and lovey chasees squirls and rabbits in the back yard.
I name my pets after the little rascals, looking for a darla pap
Old 02-02-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I can't imagine my life without my "pack". I have 3 fur friends Max, Mika and Tobi. They are all rescued dogs but they really rescue me more. And Max did not like when my exah was drunk...he would go knock on my daughters door (seriously) he used his paw and spend the night in her room with her. He is a pointer and extremely sensitive, he knew when to get out of a situation! Before I ever did......
Maryanne
Old 02-02-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Max did not like when my exah was drunk...he would go knock on my daughters door (seriously) he used his paw and spend the night in her room with her.
Oh my that is funny because my dog's name is max and He does the exact same thing. My abf will usually not go to bed the same time I do and most of the times max will stay out in the living room with him but If he is drinking he will sit at the door and cry and wimper untill I open the door up so that he can sleep with me. He just hates it when he is like that.....understandable because he is a completly different person....to them probably like a stranger.
Dogs are very smart....they can def sense things.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Bohemi so cute! Good luck!
Tanya!! Adorable!

And of course here is my spoiled one! Samantha......and below her Mommy Trixie who died this past June @ 18 yrs of age. It is hard living without her! I cannot imagine how it will be without Samantha!
This is from last month (Samantha will be 17 in March)

Old 02-02-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

...and Chico too

They really have a special place in our lives and our hearts.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Me too me too me too! Can you guess? Two beagles... a great big male and a tiny little female!

They don't demand anything except some food and love and if you're really really lucky, you can get a "full body" tail wag when you come home at the end of the day!!!!

Amen -- they bring peace to my soul!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I grew up with dogs, lost mine last year and miss her so much. I can't get another because I do overnight shifts twice a week, but I borrow next doors for walks, that'll do for now.