Notices

11 days sober but now I don't know

Old 02-01-2008, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

11 days sober but now I don't know

Hi, I have dry for 11 days. I have been vacilating between I must have a problem because my life is a failure to maybe I is just that I am not as bright as I think I am.

Deep inside I know what is that I have been on the outside looking in and alchol just reinforced that feeling.

IF I can stop for 30 days then I don't have a problem????
Old 02-01-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

welcome to SR sounds like your in the right place, plenty of support here have a look around and post away.

Kevin
Old 02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

I'm not a great fan of the 'quit for x days and you don't have a problem' school....

it's far more beneficial IMO to look at how you drink and when you drink and why you drink - if you can drink without routinely abusing alcohol, then maybe you don't have a problem...

D
Old 02-01-2008, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Standfast. 30 days seems like a good marker for reevaluating things. Until then, don't worry about day 30. Concentrate on day 11 and then 12. Things will come clearer as you move along.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

If I could say I didnt have a problem everytime I quit for 30 days ..That would be great!!
But unfortunately for me when I think I can finally manage using..I get worse everytime.
The waters have calmed down with a little clean time...I feel normal again. I only find when I get too comfortable and that AV says..Your all good you can handle it now. I make it worse than it was before. Then you come to see it is an endless cycle.
Think about what happens everytime you feel like that its ok to go ahead because your doing so good one wont hurt. You may see it just may not be all that great.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome

Its a process. You enter feeling out of control and then you start feeling better then you get cocky and thats the dangerous part. I try to fight any thoughts that I can go back to alcohol and be ok with it. I maybe could but I figure why risk it after 87 days. I remember how TIRED I was at day zero when I was drinking that fourth mixed drink because now it took four to relax me. I remember thinking when will it take the whole bottle? Hang in there!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you are right

I am sitting here tonight, and over the last week, thinking about all the times I drank, focusing on the hightlights. Like when we partied all night at my ex's house. Like when I had the girl of my dreams in my hands and let her slip away while nursing hangovers and proving to be a bad bet for a mate. and so on.

Bottom line, it is not only that time is short, but I am tired of trying to have only 3.

I have found when quiting smoking from the great Alan Carr, Zero is the only way.

I have to stop in order to have a shot at a life. I have been drinking for a long time; a life long pleasure seeker. If looked good, felt good, sounded good, I wanted it and did it. My last drunk was partiyng harder then then a rock star. From a drinker/partier's persptecive who really is not a star, it didnt get any bigger and bader. But where did it leave me? No where is all.

I really feel, like I don't want to drink. Could that have been my last drunk? Now, even the first one looks and feels evil to me.
Drinking and using doesn't have any appeal anymore. Not to rebuild and find other things to do besides party.

If I told you my story, you call me full of shxx. and to stop this limiting behavior.

Thanks for reading this and letting me share.

Two more hours and I am on to a beautiful day 12 ; rested and revitalized, better and better.

Caio
Old 02-01-2008, 09:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

StandFast... 12 is a GREAT day! Hold on............

HuGGGGGGGGGGGgs

~C
Old 02-03-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Enjoying the weekend number 2 w/o a hang over! Go Go Go.
I am fasiicnated how I feel. I keep rembering times when I was drinking or using (USing I barely remember). with drinking all I feel is how out of control I was. I HATE having to have the 3rd, 4th etc. drink. hate it hate it hate it.
This is the first time I went w/ booze for 2 weeks since I dont' know when. I know with all of your help, I wll make it 30 days.

SAved 400 bucks, got more done, facing up to my problems (all surmountable), getting closer to God.

Truly present for the first time in a long.

"Zero is the easiest number" - Alan Carr (who saved my life).
Old 02-03-2008, 12:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

congrats on two weeks you'll feel even better at three weeks just keep it one day at a time
Old 02-03-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I could easily go 30 days if I knew I was gonna drink after the 30 days was over. I have done it in the past.
I STILL had a drink problem at the end of those 30 days.

Anyhoo, congrats on your 2 weeks. Keep going!
Old 02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

The problem was never that I needed to stop. The problem was that I needed to find a way to stay stopped.
Ah, yes...how well I remember...all those times I "gave it up for Lent"...only to start up again. Then, when someone told me St. Pat's Day and Sundays didn't count...it was so much easier to "give it up"! Not just a drunk, but a hypocritical one, at that!

After 32 years of periodic drinking (which eventually became daily drinking), and "stopping" on a regular basis...it took detox and AA to teach me how to stay stopped. That was 28 years ago...and, I've never felt that I "gave up" anything, because I gained so much in the process!

May you have many, many more sober 24's!!! One day at a time!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 05:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hope3

Welcome, no one can tell you wether or not

you have a problem with alcohol, but by listening to others

stories, and posting yourself, you might learn what you

need to know, and meet a lot of wonderful people..

best wishes, hope3:bounce