Need Ideas PLEASE

Old 02-01-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Ideas PLEASE

Hey everyone, I've posted here before about my xabf. We have a child together, and there is a court order that he sees her a certain amt of time per wk. Up until now, I've thought that he was stay much cleaner (or completely clean), and I just found out that he's driving (w/o license), and is getting high for anywhere between 12 hours to over 25 hours, using his gf's car. I don't believe he's ever done it w/ our daughter there, but it's a new thing, seeing her there, and he's trying to walk the straight and narrow I guess. He's going to court in a few days for another driving while suspended, but might end up just doing house arrest.

What do I do? I can't prove his use (he drinks stuff to show up clean), and I'm worried. I thought the girl was at least ok, but now she's a mental patient (Outpatient), and I just don't trust the situation. I can't afford a PI to watch him and catch him b/c he is going sporatically (a few days a wk, then not for 2 or 3 wks). DYFS? Call the court and ask that he be locked up, and not put on house arrest? What do I do? I'm seriously shaking thinking about this.
Thanks!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

I would call and talk to someone in CPS (Child Protection Services)) about this. They have alot of connections with the courts and maybe on his court date he could be mandated to testing daily. It happens but mostly after someone has mistreated a child. I don't get it sometime....how old is your daughter?? Good luck hon. Smiles, Bonnie JMO
Old 02-01-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What about an emergency custody hearing where u can change the visitation and when asked cause u suspect hes high. I dont know much about this but it a thought.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know anything about these matters but I think the suggestion about calling Child Protective Services makes a lot of sense. I've heard they are required to act on every complaint.

I also wonder if it's possible to get supervised visitation for your daughter.

Just thinking out loud and wishing you the best.

KariSue
Old 02-01-2008, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Donna

I've heard of people filing change in visitation orders. I've also heard of people requiring random UA's in order to have visitation.

Bottom line, if you suspect he may be using, he probably is. And it is only a matter of time before he gets caught. Best to protect your little one in the mean time.

I will pray for you and your daughter.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yikes - I have no advice, I wish I did, but Hugs and prayers that anything you need will be made available! Hopefully the posts already have given you the answer, or one will be coming, or a combination of them all!!!! :praying