Childish love

Old 02-01-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gns

Childish love

I have been thinking about barriers to a healthy me and a healthy relationship.

I think there are alot of childish desires/impulses in my need for a relationship.
I have been thinking about being afraid of being abandoned. Feeling unloved/unlovable?

I was wondering what your thought were about your inner child/childish needs.

How do you get at them and how do you heal?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think there is anything childish about desiring a relationship - we all have a need to feel loved, protected, heard. Those are normal needs/desires.

I haven't felt the fear of being abandoned, but I do know fear in other regards. One of the things I've discovered along the way is that I had an unhealthy outlook on my marriage, such as expecting my husband to meet ALL of my needs - emotional and otherwise.

Now, instead of looking to him, or any one person, to meet my emotional need of 'beloning, of being heard, being accepted for who I am, I find that need met in many relationships with friends.

How do you heal?

=-)

That's a topic I've been on for years now....I believe healing comes in a variety of ways:

* Understanding/recognizing our self-worth
* recognizing the messages in society that tend to diminish/undervalue our self-worth
* Recognizing that we have daily choices that affect our outlook
*Being true to ourselves, making a commitment to care for our body, mind and spirit
* Actively... daily, pursue peace. Even if that means only taking 10 minutes to read something positive, inspirational, to meditate or pray, to be quiet... Meditation is not a passive quiet time, it is an active strengthening of the mind and soul.

..ah, I could on about this all day....

for me, my God, my HP, has brought healing through His sanctuary, through prayer, through landscapes, through worship ....

I am certain that He will help you to find healing too, GNS. I'll be praying for you!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gns View Post
I think there are alot of childish desires/impulses in my need for a relationship.
I have been thinking about being afraid of being abandoned. Feeling unloved/unlovable?

I was wondering what your thought were about your inner child/childish needs.
I am the best parent my inner child could have. I will never abandon her, and I will always love her. She can depend on me always. Our relationship is the most important one I will ever have.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hmmm. childish needs?
I think Tom Robbins wrote, "It's never too late for a happy childhood."
I like that quote. So, for me taking time to play at something enjoyable, I think is healthy. Frisbee, cards, puzzles, playing with play-doh with your kids can be so fun, whatever floats your boat...
I give myself time to wallow in whatever misery grieves me, but I limit it, because I tend to have one of those melancoly personalities, then I get myself on track with more positive persuits like those listed in Anamchara's post above.