Here again, at least I think

Old 01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here again, at least I think

Hi all. It has been awhile since I have been here. My husband is the source of my stress. He "was" addicted to Oxy's and Percs. Oh, and I guess the Fentynol suckers too. Anyway, about 2 yrs ago he calls on his way home from work telling me that he was entering rehab the next morning. I knew he was taking something just not what and how much. He went to rehab for 15 days, detoxed and KNEW that he was all better. Yeah, well, that didn't last. No surprise to anyone here I am sure. About a year later, I found him in the bathroom snorting Oxy's. I kicked him out. He went to see a doctor and got on Suboxone and intense couseling. I allowed him back in and thought things were better. Now, I am not so sure. I could go into all the reasons that I feel he is using again but as you all know, we just know. I am going to confront him tonight when he gets home but am afraid. We have 6 small kids and things are about to get tough. I bought a "at home drug test" and when he denies everything (which I know he will) I am going to ask him to take it. Not sure where I will go from there but just needed some support. I am states away from my family and his family is a walking pharmacy. I do love him but the lies are killing me. I know they say it's a disease but that doesn't really help how I feel. And as dumb as this may sound, part of me hopes that I am seeing things that simply aren't there. I hope he isn't using and I hope that I am over reacting.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Support and (((hugs))) - sounds like a really rough evening ahead for you - and with 6 kids! Wow! Remember, you and the kids are important! You deserve happiness and health! Prayers and good wishes!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

dear blondie,
over and over here you will hear people say trust your gut. you are right to take seriously what you are feeling. i hope he agrees to the test--and i believe you have every right to request it. families have every right to wage war on addiction if there is a hint it is showing its face again. and i hope the test is clean and it is just a period of post-acute withdrawal, which can come intermittently, over years. i hope you and your family will be all right. sending all best wishes that all is well and will be well.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Blondie, Really does sound ike your going to have a rough evening ahead of you but its important to put you and those kids first. Lots of prayers from this end. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 01-31-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

my son was on the suboxone program twice, the problem alot of people that take suboxone is they don't think they need anything else. The truth is and the doctor he sees I'm sure is telling him that you must use a program with suboxone, like meetings or intensive outpatient or something. Suboxone lessens the cravings, lessens, not totally takes them away. The meetings give the tools to help the rest of the way.

I'm sorry you are having such a terrible time and I hope your husband sees the light soon.