Big girls don't cry...but this one does!!

Old 01-28-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Big girls don't cry...but this one does!!

Well, Lauren came home and spent the night Sunday night, did not have too much to say but I did tell her that I was going to have to put a stop to letting her come home and rest up and go again, she said well don't let it be this time. Tuesday she was here and I asked her what was going on and she calmily said she was cooking the meth and someone else was selling it and bringing her back her part of the money. I asked what she was doing with her money and she was honest and said she was using hers to support her habit. I told her that she could not come home after doing that, innocent people who don't have a clue about the stuff could be getting addicted and I dont want anybody to go through this hell!!! So that was Tuesday night, Wednesday I went to work aand gotta text telling me she had to go, something had came up. This I did not understand..don't call me, just text me???? I had planned an overnight trip for Thursday and then said to hell with it and left when I got off work, then the texts started...sorry I am such a disappointment in your eyes, going to Memphis used to be our thing blah blah blah but I did not turn the car around and come home!! I wnet had a great time and now I am back to reality.... I have not heard from her since Wednesday but I am sure she is ok..i hope..... But I have not texted or called at this point...I am going to try not to do it but honestly don't know. I know I shouldnt but it is sooo hard!! Oh but I did have a talk with my mother and grandmother who agreed what she is doing is wrong and that they would back me up and if she shows up and will not leave I can call the police so I will be working on handling that!!
Old 01-28-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There is an 800 number to call if you know someone who is cooking meth. I am normally hands off the addict but the chemicals that are used to cook meth can cause innocent victims to be hurt either by breathing in the chemicals or by the lab blowing up. I hope that things don't come to that but you never know. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-28-2008, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I am so sorry you are going through this crap. It's bad enough she is an addict but to be subject to her cooking is just horrible. I hope your decisions are whats best for you and your family.

Hugs and prayers
Old 01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((Obsessed))))))))

I usually talk with my son everyday. Sometimes numerous times a day.
I haven't heard from him since Friday. The day he texted me, told me he
hated me, that I'm not his mom, and that I'm just a stuck up b*tch.
I miss my son, but refuse to be talked to this way. He's never done it before.
What's changing?
My attitude. My recovery. My boundries. My not giving him what he wants anymore.
I'm sad for our situation. I'm sad for your situation.
My advice? Just take one day at a time and keep repeating, "nothing changes, if nothing changes."
Hopefully, your getting face to face support in your area. You'd feel
so much better for it.
Sending up prayers for strength for you, Obsessed.
Prayers for recovery for Lauren.

Love,
Linda
Old 01-29-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's always heartbreaking to say no to our kids, but no is what needs to be said. Stick to your rules - especially NO METH COOKING!!!

Prayers..
Old 01-29-2008, 11:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((obsessed)))
I really do feel for you today. Gotta be so hard, knowing what she's doing, knowing what could happen. Gotta be even harder thiinking about shutting the door. but you already know letting her come home and rest up is not helping you or her. Letting them have their consequences and not letting them come home is so against the grain for us moms.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lauren is going to do what she wants to do UNTIL SHE doesn't want to. She will drag you along the the drama anytime you want. I know how you feel, but the stickey, Let me fall, is an inspiration. I read it several times a day. I agree w/ Marle, I would report her and the "cooking". If one person/child can be saved from visiting us in this hell the phone call if worth it!

Lauren remains in my prayers (don't fall for the crying, they can do it in less than a second!)
susan
:praying
Old 01-29-2008, 11:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

You sound like you are better with your boundaries.
You just can't have this in your home any longer.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

Obsessed... wow, you have come a long way, lady. Please know both you and Lauren are in my prayers. Miracles happen, so don't give up hope... but I love that you refuse to let her use you. Excellent, good!