Notices

feelin edgy

Old 01-28-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feelin edgy

am going into day 4 and up to now i've managed to keep my head above water and fight it-its getting a bit hard now because about an hour ago i would have given my right arm for a drink-i'm sitting with a coffee right now but i thought i'd got past those thoughts-i've cleaned my house from top to bottom today just to keep myself busy-but now its the time of night where it starts to get a bit quiet and boring on my own-my son's in bed and i'm at a loose end-an end i used to fill with a beer-and now theres just an empty gap ! theres no way i'd be able to sleep right now and if i could you could bet your bottom dollar i'd be back awake by 3 am full of the joys of spring-i duno-just feeling a bit ropy and in need of an answer.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there joey! The convincing voices are just that voices....don't listen to the crap...You are stronger than the voice.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I am sorry this is so difficult right now. I know that it does not feel like it right now but you can make it through this and it does get better.

I don't know if you are utilizing a program of recovery or not but my experience is that when I tried to quit without one not only was it quite difficult but I was unable to stay quit (longest I went was a year and I was miserable). I have found a program to be useful as it helped me get through the times like you are talking about as well as taught me how to live my life without drinking and be happy and actually know what peace is.

I wish you the best and do hope you keep working at it. If you decide you would like to consider a recovery program here is a link to a list of them
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-programs.html
Old 01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know it seems hard right now, but it will get easer. Never forget the first day I did not think about useing. When I went to bed that night I thought is was nice to go all day without thinking about it.

In the beginning I talked with my family every day. It does help to listen to other people to get your mind off of it. If you do something good for yourself that helps to. Go buy yourself something or get your hair cut. You will feel so much better about taking care of yourself.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Joey,

It does take a lot of patience to get through early sobriety. The cravings will ease up as time goes by and your sleep patterns will gradually improve too.

If you are at a loss, hang out here. There's lots to read and be inspired by.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

There are alot of ups & downs in early sobriety. Hang on for the ride, Joey---I'm on the same coaster as you. We can do it!