Aargh!

Old 06-14-2003, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Aargh!

We have no money for gas or groceries but, $100 or more a week for his F@#&ing beer! I get an attitute with no food. He keeps his check and I pay all the bills. I mean, ALL the bills. Why? Why? Why? and he complains there's nothing to eat!!!

Had to vent.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey neighbor!
Its good to vent. I've been where you are. I don't have any magic answer but your in my thoughts and prayers. Keep coming back....I haven't heard from you in a while!

Hang in there.

Hugs,
2many2count
Old 06-14-2003, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Vent away!! Any of the bills just in his name? Could you switch a couple into just his name, perhaps then he would spend his money on his bills and you could use your money on some groceries for yourself. Or tell him to go do the grocery shopping if he his hungry.

Hope you feel better!!

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 06-14-2003, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

The cable bill is in his name. He won't pay it. That would only save $75 a month. He doesn't even like to put gas in the car.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

******{Tigeress}}}}

I just don't know. What would happen if you had the cable shut off or just didn't pay the bill. $75 could buy some groceries. I hope things get better for you.

Hang in there.

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 06-15-2003, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

I should of been able to handle all the bills fine but, out of 5 years of marriage, he didn't work 3 of them. We survived by using my credit cards to buy gas and groceries. Now, it's up to $13,200!

I quit using the credit cards last October when I also stopped drinking. I quit magazine subscriptions, trips, resturants, bars, shopping for clothes and ect., ect.(savings of $7000 per year!...do they have credit card anon? he he

I have total control of the money(mine anyway). We stay home and only go to work/home for the last year and a half. I'm bored out of my mind! I stay on the computer and he stays watching TV. That is our life. I am closing credit cards as they clear. Out of 11 cards 3 are closed. 2 more on the way next month!! I guess, I just needed to be sick of being sick and tired of drinking and credit card abuse. I don't use them at all anymore, no matter what(unlesss, the roof caves in!). Oh, I also lost 58 pounds in the last year and a half. Guess, "I AM" a control freak as I've been called in the past!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
judy ann 002.jpg (43.5 KB, 109 views)
Old 06-15-2003, 07:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Wow! You have accomplished alot!! And I do not think you are a control freak at all. You have taken on sobriety, financial stabilty, and health.... all for YOU! That is what it is about.

Give some thought to the one next thing you can do in the finace area. I will bet you come up with something great!!

Hugs,
JT
Old 06-15-2003, 09:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Financially are you able to manage on your own?

Ngaire
Old 06-15-2003, 11:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

I have been taking care of 5 children by myself and it does get hard and make a person angry when the other half just spends their money on booze. I hope you find a way that works for you. By the way you look wonderful so be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished so far and continue to work on the other areas of your life that you are able to change. God Bless you and take care! Dawn
Old 06-15-2003, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Tigeress!!

You are not a control freak! You are a very strong willed woman and you look GREAT!!!! It takes alot of strength to accomplish what you have done. Not using your credit cards is hard to do and you've done that. Loosing weight is a big accomplishment! I am trying to do that now and it takes alot of will power. I am exercising and it is really hard. You have done so much already.

Where there is a will there is a way!!! Hang in there and keep coming back to vent!

Prayers and hugs,
matters
Old 06-15-2003, 08:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Thank you everyone

I also, quit drugs a few years ago. My drug of choice was cocaine. I do think about it and I'm glad I never got busted. I didn't care too much about myself then. I had a lot of things I did in excess.

Yes, for the most part I can manage on my own. I have no kids. I am supporting him too. I have a couple really tight weeks in a month but, I survive. He gave me $40 for groceries today and the funny thing was I went there hungry but didn't eat much when I got home!

I'm into restoring classic cars(have 2 I'm doing) and if I could spend what he spends on beer, my cars would be done by now. I have to wait and get these cards paid off then.....LOOK OUT!!!:shades:
Old 06-16-2003, 04:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well if you are suporting him too............unload the load if you can!

Ngaire
Old 06-16-2003, 06:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Tigeress,

I hear you about the credit cards! We are in hock up to our ears but are slowly but surely getting them paid off. We've paid off one..but we also have a mortgage, 3 car payments (long story and thats only until October and one is only $35 a month), a preschooler (daycare costs and preschool). Our credit took a hit not once but twice when he lost jobs in a 2 year time period...Right now, we are doing what we can to get by..some weeks are tougher then others, and some bills are paid late but they are all paid. Right now, the goal is nothing over 30 days late..yup, we've gotten hit with some late fees, but come September, when my new pay goes into effect (I took a new job which will give me over $14,000 more a year) and October when we are one less car payment ($400 a month not being paid out) things will be A LOT better. We share the bills, but I am the main bread winner, and I honestly never complain or rub it in that I make more, because who cares as long as we make the bills right/?? Anyhow, it'll take us a couple of more years but I see the light at the end of the tunnel....even if it's a LONG tunnel Good job, you should be proud of yourself and before too long, you'll be able to buy whatever food YOU want! As for the weight loss, kudos to you! Losing weight is a hard thing to do especially when under stress!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 10:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paused

I have a mortgage too. I love my house. It is my first. I bought it March 2001. I also have a loan for when I bought my 93 Eldorado but, I borrowed that money out of my stock plan. It's only $36 a week for 3 years.

I only get mad when he buys beer and we have nothing to eat. Other than that, I don't mind paying for all the bills(if, I can get a restoration part for one of my cars once and awhile)

GIRL POWER!!! Another female bread winner! Whoo hooo