WOW it does get easier

Old 01-23-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WOW it does get easier

Well really it is only such a little thing but for me it was really a big thing. AH called this morning and agian asked for money. This time $20. Wanting it suposedly for snacks for the bus ride home tomorrow evening. Well I don't have snacks here for myself so why should he have any? I did not say that. Thought it, but did not say it. All I said was "No. I already explained about the money situation and how money will be handled when you get back. Don't worry though. When you get back there will be plenty of food to fill you up." Then I switch the topic. I didn't hesitate in saying no and I didn't feel paniced either. I just said it. I hope I can start saying no to him in person too now that he is coming home and for other things that are not immediate needs right now till we are caught up.

I also had my counsling session today. It actually was ok. THough I was very nervous. The lady was very nice. I let her know all the stuff I could remember and all my concerns. She helped me go over a few things and straighten out a few more boundaries in my head that she also agrees I should require. She agrees with the ones I had in place to begin with also. We set up a plan for what we hope to accomplish in our private sessions and set up our next visit for next week. We also book the couples session for monday.

One thing that came to light though is that my disabilities does put a different perspective on the issue. It makes some things easier and some things very much harder. But like always it is one step at a time.

So now it is just waiting till he gets home tomorrow evening.
Nikki
Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go Nikki!!!

I had the hardest time saying "no" to ANYONE, and if I did, would try to explain why I was saying it. The great folks here have taught me that "no" is a complete sentence.

Great job at taking care of you!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-24-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Impressive on both the NO and the counseling--Congrats!
Keep taking care of yourself.

Prayers...
Old 01-24-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Good for you Nikki, you sound like a girl on her way to happiness.'
It really is a good feeling when we know we've just accomplished a major step in our recovery isn't it?

keep up the good work.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

prayers for you, you're doing great!
susan
Old 01-24-2008, 03:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sending prayers up for you & your husband.