Notices

annoying little consequence

Old 01-22-2008, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

annoying little consequence

Hey All- Day 13.....I'm annoyed...as if all the major wreckage and consequences aren't enough....I keep getting turned down for life insurance because of the medical issues related to the alcohol use. You know, the DWI's, the detox....somehow they know it all. Anyway...I wanted to get some life insurance ( 4 kids, wife, house, etc) but apparently I'm not going to be able to...add it to the list of damages I guess.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Rob. Hope all is well for you. Haven't seen your posts in a while. I know what you mean. It seams as though the consequences just get worst after you quit, but the reality is, we just didn't notice what was happening right in front of our eyes.

Good luck Rob and stay in touch.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on your 2 weeks Rob.

It is true that the wreckage truly stinks. For me it is also true that i have to watch the creeping anger. It is the resentful kind of anger that seems to be a danger zone for me. But yeah, the consequences are irritating. Here I am doing my best and it is all conspiring against me.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep Hopin' on in Faith..... (o:

Hey Robzoloft ---

I meant to resply to this yesterday, but I forgot.....lol one of my many 'senior' moments....

I don't know what all your 'medical issues' are, and I don't have any personal experience with this, but my oldest and dearest friends went through what you are going through.....what she found was that the longer she stayed sober, the better her chances were at getting the insurance she wanted/needed.....

Check with some insurance agents about this, being honest. You may find some hope in their answers. For my friend, she was told that @5 years sober she should have no problem with insurance.....the getting there was a slightly different matter, but doable..... (o:

Again, since I don't know your specifics, this may not help.....BUT....give it a go.....you should be at (just about) 15 days now.....WTG!!! Just remember, it took years to get to the bottom (our own, at least).....sliding most of the way.....so it's probly gonna take a while to climb up out of the depths....BUT it is possible..... (o:

NoelleR
Old 01-23-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Rob)))

Congrats on 2 weeks!

Yeah, the consequences get pretty rough when we get clean/sober. I just faced the fact that I am now getting to deal with everything I said "I'll worry about that later". The good news is, the longer we are in recovery, the better we are able to deal with these consequences. I keep thinking that at least, now I'm not doing anything to cause MORE bad consequences I'll have to deal with later, and eventually most of the ones I'm dealing with now will be resolved.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy