Notices

2 weeks on the horizon

Old 01-22-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks on the horizon

Hello All- I'm at work right now, sitting at day 13 with no alcohol...if that continues tomorrow at 9PM EST will be 2 weeks sober. I haven't gone that long in years. I am choosing not to look at not drinking ever again...just not drinking today, or this hour, or this minute...the other is too big for me to grasp right now...way too big. I'm feeling better physically, staying vigilant with the anxiety/depression meds, and trying to be a better husband and father and employee....though I also can't really deal with some of the wreckage right now....its going to take a lot of time to clean up that mess. I'm really trying to foster some gratitude in the sense things could have been much worse...maybe I deserved for them to be...but aren't....I am lucky...maybe the word is blessed or grace. I need to focus on today...stop catastrophizing the future and fearing retribution for the past...its so hard to stay in the moment...but I need to in order to do this. Thank you all
Old 01-22-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rob, it's all in trying to stay in the moment...it makes things do-able.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rob,

I can tell you that it took me a long time to come to terms with who I was and what I had done. It's not easy and I don't think it can happen quickly. I do understand the way you feel and it's hard to feel gratitude when you are coming to terms with where you stand in early sobriety.

Congratulations on your nearly two weeks!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm behind you all the way, Rob. Do your very best to stay in today, and things will continue to look up. Believe.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hi Rob,

Nobody can change the past. You have to accept it, forgive yourself & move on (takes time but it will happen...I'm getting there). As far as the future goes, what you are doing today makes your future that much brighter. I also try not to think too far down the road because so much of the future is really not up to me. Focusing on today, this moment is so much better (thanks for sharing this BTW, I needed a reminder).

"..trying to be a better husband and father and employee." That's what I am doing as well. Again, I have to work hard and be patient but its so worth it. Only 37 days in and my family is so happy! You will get there. I am also learning to accept that I am also doing this for myself. I deserve to be happy. So do you.

Just my thoughts!

Great work!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rob, your dismay today (day 2) is my encouragement. Thank you for that... I believe this is the way, the day... I'm sending some prayers your way.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
taking it one day at a time

Well done Rob, keep up the good work!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Two weeks is really big. Well done Rob.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

respect for your efforts

Man, are you moving! I'm glad you post frequently 'cause I check in frequently. (I rarely get past two days.)

I sometimes think that if I were less melodromatic that it would be easier to move on but that is clearly not true. I don't want to simplify the problem, but simplify the solution.

Power on Brother!

How are you doing face to face? (You may have already answered this.) I am cool with the first three steps (or understanding them, but I hate it after that!!!!)

Friendship,

Cody
Old 01-23-2008, 06:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I too, keep getting stuck at 2 days. I didn't even know I could do two days til recently. That gives me hope and the drive to keep going for it. It's my new mission!