Notices

Clean...sort of...

Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clean...sort of...

I've been off heroin for about 9 months now. Suboxone has worked great.
But i find myself mixing my meds (venlafaxine, olanzapine, xanax and suboxone) with alcohol. I drink every day. I don't drink excessively, just enough to get a buzz. I don't know that i'll ever stop. think i'm one of those ppl who will always be looking for an extra buzz.
I'm just not satisfied with my life. Planning on moving interstate to be with my girlfriend but am finding it hard to find a doctor to dose me. Apparantly, my docs scripts are worthless in another state.
I don't know what to do. I spent most of today trying to organize a bupe dr up there but it's been tough. My girlfriend is making some calls for me.
If i could have a dr willing to write scripts up there, i'd b gone tomorrow. I got nothing here but bad memories. Wanna start a new life but can't just jump off 32mg suboxone!!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on kicking the heroin that's huge. You seem to realize that you're taking all those meds in an attempt to get high. I got hooked on benzos, and I understand what it's like.
Before you go for the geographic, why not consider getting clean from the meds? How did you get off the smack? Is a supervised detox in the cards? Are you willing to try?
Just a bunch of questions to get you started.
Good luck
Old 01-22-2008, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Banned Troll

I've moved from one state to the next with a history of medications. All I had to do was bring a copy of my medical file to the new doctor, wasn’t much of an issue and I was prescribed the same meds.

Congratulations on kicking Heroin but now taking the pills and the Booze together sounds like switching seats on the Titanic. One thing about moving and being unsatisfied where ever I went I always seemed to take myself with me.

Good Luck
Old 01-22-2008, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Congratulations with stopping the heroin use!

It sounds like you may be expecting the geographic move to be the answer to your problems, and you might be expecting too much.

As Rowan suggested, you could try to be get off the suboxone before you move and start with a clean slate, or you could move your medical file to a dr in the new state.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've talked at length with my dr (he's been my gp for nearly 15 years) and there's no way i'm coming off suboxone yet.
I've found a dr in the new state i'm moving to and all he needs is for my dr to contact him and he'll continue prescribing it and getting me dosed.
And don't worry, i know all about geographicals and i also know that it's gonna take more than my love for and fom my girlfriend to help me stop drinking. I'm gonna continue to go to GROW groups and NA meetings. See a psych and counsellor regularly.
I will get a handle on this and get my clean and sober life back.
before my divorce in 05, i was abstinant for 8 years. I have an advanced diploma in alcohol and other drug work. I've worked in australia's biggest residential rehab as a therapist. I've run group and one-to-one therapy. I've just slipped.
I've put the whip away (i'm not beating myself up eveyday anymore)
I'm moving in with the love of my life, continuing my suboxone and my therapy and finishing my novel.
I'm determined and i will continue to come to these boards as i have found great support here.