Notices

6 Days

Old 01-15-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 Days

Hey All- Hit 6 days about 20 minutes ago. Still adjusting to the new meds...but they're important so I'll just have to acclimate over time I guess. Feeling a lot better physically....emotions are all over the place. Real short tempered and impatient at times...especially with the kids. Sleep still disturbed...hopefully that'll even out over time. Tired a lot....anyway....thanks for listening.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

6 Days is a very long time when we couldn't even get one day before! Keep coming around! Emotions we will have to deal with the rest of our lives and it isn't easy at all,,,well at least not for me. I do know today that using won't help solve the emotions that I am dealing with. Hope that you are on day 7 today. Blessings to you!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're doing it man, it's not easy but the craziness of the first few weeks is just something that you have to get through. Although I am only 49 days sober, I will say that it is SLOWLY getting easier. I have even put together a few days straight where I was in a really good mood.

The first week was really bad, the second week wasn't as bad, the third week it was even easier. I'm not saying that I feel great, but I do know that I don't want to do the first 2 weeks ever again. Just get through it one day at a time, and don't drink.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Rob, I am so glad to see you trying again. It can be such a struggle to find sobriety. I am proud of you for your ongoing efforts. Keep up the good work. Your doing a better job than you realize. You show perserverance. Thank you.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congrats Rob!

Rob,

I'm just getting started as I'm only on day two! Sounds like you and I will be taking this trip together. I'm sure we'll each have our ups and downs but I'm determined to stay on track. It feels exciting to realize I won't have to deal with all the problems associated with drinking but very nervous at the same time. I haven't had the urge to drink since I made my decision but it's only a matter of time. I'll be back here talking about those feelings as soon as I get them.

Talk soon man,

Nick