A Special Thank You

Old 01-14-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

A Special Thank You

My dear wonderful friends, my other family, each and every one of you have touched my life, for the good. There hasn't been a whole lot of good in my 45 years, not when it comes to people that is. I had become a bitter, untrusting person, until I met you. I had given up on society totally because all I ever saw was selfishness, cold hearts, evil and pettiness...until I met you. The best gift and lesson that I have learned since joining here, is that the ugly world I used to live in, is not what life and people are about. There are still good people out there. Caring, loving compashionate people. People with good hearts and kind words. People with warmth and understanding.

You showed me that. You gave me hope, when there was none. You gave me smiles, when I was drowning in tears. You gave me a voice, when no one could hear. Your pain and your loss, helped me understand my own. I wasn't defective. You opened your hearts, shared your warmth and light in a cold dark time, even though, you yourself were hurting.

HP works in mysterious ways, and he is working through each and every one of you. From that first post of a newbie, crying out in pain, to the seasoned members calm wisdom, each one, gave me something. It gave me light, it gave me hope, it gave me a new understanding of people, good people. I thought there wasn't any left, I know now, they are all around me, maybe ever that stranger standing next to me in a check out line.

The best friend I ever had was SR. Faceless strangers who share their light. I've seen no better testiment to angels on earth, than you.

Thank You, never says it good enough.

This isn't goodby, I'll still lurk and post when my heart compells me to, and no matter where I am, you will be with me and I will be with you in my heart and prayers, but lately, I've felt a pull to turn off the computer and be outside as much as possible. I didn't want to just fade away and someone wonder, where did Frankly go. I wanted you to know, how much you mean to me, how much I care about each one of you. How much your pain, your sharing, your love, your light.....makes this world so much better, so much easier to live in.

I love you all.
B
Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank YOU for the many words of hope and love.

Take care and hurry back

susan
Old 01-14-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

we will be here when u decide to return. enjoy whatever you are doing, enjoy life. hugs & prayers,
Old 01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((frankly)))

(I'll save this seat right here by me, for you...)
Old 01-14-2008, 04:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((((Frankly)))))))))))

-Me, right now......without the nice boobs. lol
That was the sweetest, kindest, most generous thank you I have ever read.
You are a gift to us, dearest Frankly. I love you and hope that your outdoor world is blindingly beautiful.....Like you.

I'll miss ya and will keep the coals burnin' while your away.

Your friend in C.C.W. (codie cyber world)
Linda
Old 01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Frankly))) That's one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read here.

We've walked together for a long time and although our paths may take us separate ways for a while, just remember this......

scroll down....

more.....

Just remember I've got the keys to the Codie Bus

Okay, kidding aside, your recovery is shining brightly frankly, and your light will always remain here. There is a special place in my heart for people like you, friends I have made on my journey who have become treasures of inspiration.

You're an awesome special lady, frankly, shine on girl!!! Just be sure to drop by and say hello once in a while.

Love you, frankly, live well and laugh often.

Big hugs and lotsa love
Old 01-14-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((frankly)))
Try not to be gone too long, ok? You have helped me more than you'll ever know. I hope your life is wonderful from this moment on, you certainly deserve it.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A beautiful post.....

your words reflect the feeling so many of us share

I especially appreciate your intention in posting this message....

codie that i am, I often find myself thinking of the people who once visited SR regularly and wondering how they are doing now...always hoping that glad tidings (not sad events) have led them in other directions...

it was so good of you to let all know that you're doing well and its nice to know you'll drop by from time to time

I think we've all worried so much about our addicts when they have gone awol that we are super sensitive about causing unnecessary worry in our friends...:ghug3

in any case....

be well
stay strong
many blessings on your journey
Old 01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Thank you for the beautiful words. you are right. We are family to each other. and we will miss you.
:praying
Old 01-14-2008, 10:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((Frankly)))))
I'm glad for you that you are taking the time you need to live your life to its fullest, but I will miss you so, my friend. Keep checking in when you can, okay? I've learned so much from your wisdom, compassion and strength. Thank YOU! Much love
Old 01-15-2008, 01:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wonderful post....THANK YOU
Old 01-15-2008, 03:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

ooh Frankly, how eloqently lovely, thank you for warming my heart! take real good care.......
grateful
Old 01-15-2008, 04:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sigh, that was beautiful. Isn't it amazing how much easier life can be when we feel like we are not alone......that is the program in a nutshell.

Babs
Old 01-15-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Frankly,

Thank you.

Enjoy the outdoors, re-discover yourself.
You can tell you don't live in Chicago.... brrrrr.......

Hugs,
Colleen

:ghug
Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Thank you so much for posting what is in my heart as well.

NOW GO OUT AND TURN THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY LIFE
Old 01-15-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((frankly))

As our family of origin must venture out into the world to explore, grow and learn - I am excited for you to take those same steps into the world - with new "Big Girl Panties" on, with a strong heart and a healthy mind - ready to greet each day with your wonderful compassionate spirit.

My prayer is that the God of your understand sends plenty of those "earthly angels" to cross your path daily.

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita
Old 01-15-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I love you too(((((((frankly)))))))
Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

(((Hugs)))

Just don't forget, one day soon, hopefully, I will be inviting all to visit a small motel in east tennessee. It want be much, it will be old and the furniture used at first, but it will be a dream that I want to share with the people who inspired me. So save some pennies for gas, keep those keys handy Ann, and dream of a vacation.

B