Just need to vent.....

Old 01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just need to vent.....

Does anyone one else ever wonder why they ended up "stuck" with an addict. I think from reading and researching mine might be a binge drinker. He's so up and down with quitting it all, then boom, he's at it all again. Its really frustrating. I love him to death and want to be with him, but am I going to have to always worry for the rest of my life about how much he's drinking/smoking? Why can't he just enjoy some drinks now and then like everyone else? Have some self control. He is soo embarrassing when he's drunk most of the time. I always feel like I have to be on watch for what I have to stop him from doing. Whether its fighting or acting out or pulling his pants down, getting kicked out of public places. Too many times Ive had too beg to not get kicked out of places, that Id make sure he would calm down. I know I deserve someone who will treat me right, take care of me, respect me and make an effort with my familt\y and friends. The only things he will do is drink with his friends. We don't go to the show, walks, parks plays. He thinks its a ll wussyich, he is too cool or something. I just wonder why I have to make the decsion to mot be with the one I love because of beer and weed. It really pisses me off sometimes. I want to take a date to work parties and to friends houses and not worry that he will smoke weed in public and not care if he is at a restaurant or my moms basement. Things have been a lot better lately, only because I have realized some things, but I still get so mad at the whole thing.

PHEW.....needed to let off some steam. I was typing fast sorry if there are lots of errors!!Thanks,
Old 01-13-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you are not responsiable for him. you are not doing the embarrassing things he does. you have no control over him. it is up to you to set boundries & stick to them. i am sorry he does these things. it want get better untill he wants it to.