Notices

Some helpful suggestions por favor....please...

Old 01-13-2008, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Some helpful suggestions por favor....please...

Hello again Everyone
I am just trying to think of other things to get my mind away from the anxious feeling. Would Exercise help? Watching T.V. is no help. What helps get your mind off the withdrawal feeling? Is there anything??
FYI: I am weaning myself off of Tramadol. Cutting it down to just 1 daily. Then I guess next week I'll do 1/2 tablet daily. BTW is that the best way to wean yourself off? I took 2 yesterday. Please advise.

I also have a rapid heartbeat. Especially when I get up from a resting position. It just feels like it wants to jump out of my chest! Kinda scary! Is this normal?

Oh yes....Don't want to ask a Dr. either. My doc didn't prescribe these...

Last edited by yearofthesnake; 01-13-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best thing to do is to talk to your dr about getting off the tramadol. He can tell you how to get through it.

I wish you well!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Banned Troll

I dont know about the med thing but helping others always helps me with getting out of my own head.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are right! I didn't even realize that! Just being on here answering questions & giving advice does help! Muchas gracias! Thank you :ghug
Old 01-13-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can relate to the heart thing

Hey- If those palpitations get too wierd you really should see a doctor or hit the local ER...thats what I did...wound up getting admitted but better that than the alternative...nobody likes to hear the "go to a doctor" spiel but its valid...withdrawal is real...trust me. Plus you get these funny shaved circles on your chest for attaching the monitors and stuff
Old 01-13-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LOL...thanks but I don't have to worry about those funny shaved circles! Ha ha....
Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

My suggestion would be a combination of medical advice/AA and NA meetings.

Oh yes....Don't want to ask a Dr. either. My doc didn't prescribe these...
Never a good idea to self-medicate!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Jersey Nonny,

Yes, I know it's not a good idea to do that. It really didn't need to be said. Do we always do what we are told? If that was the case this site would not exsist!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I was told a craving only lasts 7 seconds. How true that is..I dont know. But the physical craving I am sure does. But my mind takes over and it will drag out forever.
So I try to do anything possible to keep my mind occupied. Dont necessarily have to be physical distraction. It is all mental. So whatever is going to keep your mind thinking about something else.
And I had to talk to my Dr about my crack addiction. They sure dont prescribe that anywhere. LOL. So regardless. It would be the safest thing to do. You dont want to just stop or ween off of meds. They have confidentiality laws. You need to make sure you are safely doing what you need to do. My Dr has been great. Has helped me every step of the way.
Good Luck and hope to see more of you.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I leave the house. I walk. I brush my teeth. I phone someone. I go for a drive. I drink a coffee. I walk by the water. I go into the woods with my dogs. I do a jigsaw puzzle, or a crossword. I move furniture. I clean. I blast music and clean some more. I meditate. I pray. I drink herbal tea. I talk to my online friends. I go to a meeting. I go visit my sister and play with the kids or jump on their trampoline.
whatever it takes.