Anniversary

Old 01-11-2008, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anniversary

Hi Folks-

I haven't been around too much lately. I have a lot going on in my "real" life. I got dedicated to losing weight and try to spend the majority of my time active and not sitting on my fanny. That GREATLY reduces my computer time. I do check in to see how all is going though.

Well, RAH is doing FANTASTIC. We were talking about his recovery the other day and I asked him how he felt and he said RELIEVED about how far he's come. He said that it is a relief not having to worry about where he was going to get his pills, if I would find out, if he'd lose his job, etc. I guess I could identify with that.

When I learned that I couldn't control (as hard as I tried) him, I kinda felt relieved too. Detective work was taking up WAAAAAYYYYY to much of my time and energy.

We are headed up to the mountains to celebrate our wedding anniversary and this is the first time in 3 years that I am not absolutely dreading it. I'm actually looking forward to it.

My recovery and SR has brought me so far. I can't believe the person I used to be sometimes, but looking back on that person helps me to stay vigilent in my recovery.

Well, I just wanted to check in and spread some good news, it works if you work it folks.........(oh yeah, and if you let them work their own)
Old 01-11-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im glad all is well. Hugs to you
Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

JWife..... this is an awesome post! That's what is all about... you both continuing and staying in recovery!

Happy Anniversary!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

laura, have a great time, you both deserve it. happy anniversary