you are all opening my eyes...

Old 01-10-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

you are all opening my eyes...

to what I guess I already knew but wasn't really facing upto the reality of. I have fallen in love with my new guy of that I have no doubt. But the reality of having a relationship with him is really hitting home to me. Going to take stock over the next few days ....
Old 01-10-2008, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please take care of yourself regardless of how you might feel about him. You don't want to be dragged through he** and back by an addict. Trust me. I've been married to two of them. Oftentimes we have to love our addicts from a distance.

I've read all your posts. From what I've discerned, he is drinking again while attending AA. He is not being honest with himself. He is not facing his addicton. He is in denial.

Okay. So what is it about this man that you love? What is it about him that makes him deserving and worthy of the love you have to give?
Old 01-11-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
Okay. So what is it about this man that you love? What is it about him that makes him deserving and worthy of the love you have to give?
Excellent questions!

I think many of us "fall in love" with the idea of a man/woman rather than the reality, based on Lord kows what inside ourselves. Its one reason why I am working so hard to understand my own issues and understanding why I "fell in love" with an alcoholic. I do NOT want to do that ever again.