Notices

Hey All...A Long Day

Old 01-10-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey All...A Long Day

Hey- Tonight at 9 will be another 24 hours without for me....I think I can make it. I'll probably attend a 7:30 AA mtg I used to go to....I feel bad walking in but I know I have to....picking up a 1 day chip monday was hard...I cracked a few jokes but inside I was crying....cried in my truck afterwards. I know these anxious thoughts and crushing mood swings will lift in time, right? I mean I feel SADNESS inside....getting all weepy and melancholy.....and just plain tired all the time. I did eat a real meal tonight ( my first in a week) some rice, salad, plain chicken....taking the vitamins and folic acid the hospital gave me....just trying to get by really....trying not to dwell in the past...focus on all the bad things that didn't happen but could of...I don't know....I just feel broken hearted and alone and scared....hopefully these feelings will level out some
Old 01-10-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

All I could do was to get by too. And I remember how lost I felt. Having a good meal will help a lot and hopefully you can get some exercise tomorrow, go for a walk. Just keep moving forward.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

journal

In the beginning I felt very shaky, living hour to hour and anxious and angry. I knew screaming at everyone was what I felt like doing but I knew that it would make me feel guilty later and I really didn't have the energy for it. I knew it would be an excuse to go back to drinking. I felt all these feelings and I didn't have a way to express them. I picked up a little note pad and I started putting all of these good, bad and ugly thoughts down. I wrote fast and it was barely legible but when I was done I felt better. I also hadn't hurt anyone's feelings. The next several days I did this. Sometimes it was a short note sometimes long. As the time passed the entries were fewer because I think I was better at handling my feelings. Hope this helps!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember crying at a meeting. So, I know how you feel. It will get better and try to focus on the better things. I know them "What if's " can be hard to deal with.

I talked with my mother and sister quite a bit in the beginning. It helped me to have family support.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
where the light is

Just wanted to wish you the best. Everything good is possible. Take care of yourself.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

these feelings will go away! just hang in there!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hang in Rob.

it gets so much better.

now's the time to learn to be where your hands are.

you can do this. you're doing great!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Rob. Sooooo glad to see you are hanging in there. You're doing a great job even if you feel like garbage. That will lift, just keep going.