I Did It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Did It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys and gals...I need a vent session!

Today began with unkind words from my AH and a re-affirmation for me that my time is very limited in this house (my plans have been to leave as soon as school is out). The argument escalated to the breaking point for me. I told him I was getting a divorce and I was DONE!!!!!!!! So I got the whining the rest of the afternoon and the begging on the way home from work. To back up a bit AH has been alcohol free for one month now, but his manipulation and emotional abuse is still at an all time level. I decided alcohol or not...I simply couldn't deal with it any longer.

Fast forward to his drive home...I get a call around 5:30 saying he will be home in 20 minutes...so 40 min goes by and no AH. The phone rings and it is him about an hour later..and low and behold..he is on his way to JAIL. My dear AH (yes...sarcasm) has been pulled over for speeding...and of course does not have a valid license as his last DWI was not taken care of (apparently) and he has a warrant out for his arrest from theunpaid ticket for that arrest and needs a $200 bail. Of course, I am summoned to the sherriff's office to bail him out and pick him up...I grab my babies...who are still waiting on dinner by the way, and run them to the neighbors so I am not exposing them to the Jail and head for the jail (40 min drive). sorry, am rambling a bit here! My motivation there is that he NEEDS to work and it might be days before he can get into court if I don't bail him out.

So, I arrive at the Sherriff's office and low and behold not only does he have a ticket for speeding, driving without a license, and a warrant, BUT he also has possession of 35g or less of a controlled substance. So bond is now a $700 cash bond...all of this given to me by a very nice state policeman by the way. He was very nice. I asked to see him..told him I would NOT post his bond and he could bear the shackles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID THAT!!!!!

SO...IT IS OVER...it was over earlier and to validate his irresponsible behavior he goes and gets thrown in jail! However he did get bailed out and I told him if he came home tonight i would be making another call to the sherriff....and happily!!! He, of course, is playing poker....

SO YEAH ME!!!!!!!! It's the color blue I say...

hugs to all!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gjfc3 View Post
My motivation there is that he NEEDS to work and it might be days before he can get into court if I don't bail him out.
I'm sorry to hear you're going through it. Perhaps what he NEEDS is to feel the consequences of his actions, which include not working, whether he "needs" to or not.

Take what you like and leave the rest.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow. Like I've always said... you don't need to force a decision... you'll know when the time is right. And you sure did! You really took back the power. Absolutely "YEAH" you!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sorry that you are going through this but glad that you stood up and said no more... maybe now he will listen..

shakarris
Old 01-08-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am proud of you. That took a lot of guts and courage.

Congrats for standing up for yourself!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much!!!!! I feel so empowered!!!! I wanna dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!!, I also left my AH in jail for 2 months, he came out and drank again,some have a bottom deeper than others.
God Bless......
Old 01-09-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on making a decision that feels right to you!

Not bailing him out is good for you and good for him IMO. You aren't rescuing him from his consequences. A definite step forward for you and perhaps one that will lead him in the direction of sobriety.

Concentrate on you and those kids! Protect yourself legally.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Im confused...did you bail him out or someone else did?

I hope it wasnt you.....bailing is enabling. Good luck.....
Old 01-09-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

WOW! You are AWESOME! You must give yourself about 100 hugs and pats on the back - GUTSY GIRL! It seems as if you just know in your heart when the breaking point is - you could have done all of that stuff a hundred times before but NOT ANYMORE! Sooooooooo proud of you! Inspirational!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you so much!! I am still strong today! I contacted an attorney and am waiting no longer!

Miss Pink...I didn't bail him out..but it so happens that a couple of friends did..I said I was done...did so in front of the policemen...grabbed my keys and walked out the door!! yee haw!!! So no overnight for him...but not me that bailed him out..again yee haw!!

Working on the logistics tonight of where we will live..yada yada...I realize I am now entering a new and scary territory...but just making the right decision feels so nice

Thank you so much for all of your support!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm growing

way to go!