Notices

New & Need Advice

Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New & Need Advice

My boyfriend of 6 years with whom I have a four year old daughter has been struggling with a crack addiction for the last ten years or so. He was doing good for a while but the past few months the signs have all re-emerged that he is using once again. He has started locking himself in our basement and his mood swings are so erratic. Not to mention he works constantly and never has any money. I have had to pay all of our bills by myself and I only make $400 a week. Last night my neighbor saw him leaving at 2:00 in the morning and I walked into a room after him this morning and smelled it. I have not confronted him about it yet and I know when I do he will deny it and possibly become violent. Any advice would be appreciated. I do not want to live this way anymore!! Thanks.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I hope that your boyfriend will seek the help that he needs.

You need to take care of yourself and your child and to do what you need to do. There is a forum on this message board for Friends & Families of Substance Abusers and if you like, you can check it out.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Hi and Welcome,

I hope that your boyfriend will seek the help that he needs.

You need to take care of yourself and your child and to do what you need to do. There is a forum on this message board for Friends & Families of Substance Abusers and if you like, you can check it out.
Anna, said it better than I could myself.

Welcome to SR.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Have dealt with similar situation--please read private message!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about what you’re going through. My girlfriend told me she loved me very much but couldn’t live like this and asked me if I had a problem. She said that if I wanted help she would stay and do whatever it took to help get me clean. I did tell her I had a problem and started looking for a solution. We stayed together another 3 years before I got clean, I sold everything we owned. One year for the super bowl we had to listen to it on the radio because I had sold my 30th TV. I did get sober by going to AA and working the steps with a sponsor but like I said it took another three years.

The only other thing I would like to mention is that we did not have kids. Your situation is much more complicated, their are innocent lives at stake. If my current wife was a crack addict and I had a four year old daughter. My wife would be in rehab or my daughter and I would be history!!!!!!

You will be in my prayers......