weird behavior in my home

Old 01-08-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sjr

weird behavior in my home

there's something weird going on around my house the past couple of days....this girl that i am pretty sure is my daughter, has been living with me. she has been pleasant, helping around the house, and yesterday (gasp) i caught her doing homework!!!~~~she looks like my daughter, but what strange behavior!!....lol....

she came home after her 24 hour taco bell run, with a suprisingly new attitude. i don't know what happened while she was gone. she won't talk about it. i am trying not to let my imagination run wild. i did see a horrible cigarette burn on her arm...i don't know...

she has even came up with a plan for school. with no help from me at all. didn't even ask my opinion...she is failing all her classes, she never goes to school...she has a remarkable 7 is algebra 2....how you get a 7 i have no idea. leave it to this one...she goes to school enough not get dropped.

her plan is to try and pull it together for the rest of the year and pass as much as she can...then summer school if she doesn't pass everything...if she fails one class she won't graduate with the kids she started with.

she has been coming home after school...washing clothes!!!~~~usually she won't care, she will wear dirty clothes. i refuse to wash her clothes....decided a while ago,i am not her maid.

this girl has been genuinely pleasant to be around...we have laughed, and hung out together....could this person actually be my daughter??????

in the back of my head however, i am waiting for the other shoe to drop. always seems to.

again, i don't know what happened to her while she was gone. maybe something that scared the hockey sticks out of her. seems like it anyhow....could this be a real new beginning? i am not going to hold my breath, but i am going to enjoy the moment.

here's to a hope and a prayer for change...today, i do a little dance of hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Enjoy the moment your in. Strange things happen sometimes.
My husband after being separated showed up 3 weeks ago. We ahvent fought, raised our voices or anything. He is nothing like the man of the past year, patient, kind, helpful even understanding and while I know just how fast taht can change, I decided to enjoy today with this man and I hope this person he is right now stays
Old 01-08-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Enjoy the new, improved older daughter! Who know, who cares what happened if it helped!

Prayers for her continued recovery,
susan
:praying
Old 01-08-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think we are "allowed" to enjoy those moments with our kids when today is a good day, right?
Old 01-08-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Enjoy ever moment of your "new" daughter.

Miracles happen....

happy for you..
Old 01-08-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Just stay in the day and enjoy it!!!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 01-08-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

i am not going to hold my breath, but i am going to enjoy the moment.
Definitely enjoy...I hear your love for your daughter in your posts...I hear how you are making her responsibile for her own actions by not nagging, fixing, protecting. I'm so happy you have these precious moments to hold onto. I am happy you have hope. Hugs