Notices

more to the story

Old 01-07-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

more to the story

one hand is way worse than the other ( the one I use of course..went a few rounds wth something concrete...I think. Tried to stop drinking fri....experienced such frightening symptoms I went to the ER...by this point I had heart palpitations and severe detailed hallucinations....they admitted me...I got out Sunday....feel really fuzzy and washed out .....how did others feel after detox? Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

fuzzy and washed out... yep. Like in a fog and emotionally blank. It didn't last as long as the dissapointment.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

This from the "Hey" thread where you told about breaking your arms.

OMG...does this mean you finally don't have a hand with which to pick up a drink!?! Rob...if you have trouble "hunting and pecking", just keep reading the posts!!! Can you get someone to drive you to meetings? Call your local AA hotline...I'm sure someone will pick you up. Hang in there!
How much more is there to the story, Rob? What will the final chapter be? You're the "author" here...it's pretty much up to you how you want this saga to end. Hope it's on a positive, sober note! We can only offer encouragement...whether or not you act on it, depends on you!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, detoxing from alcohol is really difficult and I was physically, spiritually and emotionally empty at that point.

But, I did start to feel better as each day went by.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Look Rob if you are anything like me so far what you are feeling is NORMAL!!!!!

Scary huh!

I spent years messing my self up, physically, mentally, and spiritually, I am so thankful that I had rooms full of people who told me that what I was going through was normal but that what took years to achieve was not going to heal over night!

If I had not had these folks telling me it takes time I would have been right back to drinking in no time!!!! I spent my first month in a mental cloud, the main fog lifted after detox, but the brain was still making major adjustments trying to straighten out its chemicals after 40 years of adjusting to constant alcohol in my system.

Fuzzy and washed out are pretty good desciptors of my first month, then the fog really started to lift just like they had told me it would, every month sober I thought it can not get better, but it did, I was still seeing noticable improvement even after a year of sobriety!!!!

I am going to tell you like I was told, beleive it or not you just got through the easy part, the physical addiction, now comes the really hard part, the mental obsession!!!!

The ticket to overcome the mental obsession is overcome the spiritual malady, I found that once I over came the gangrene of my soul the mental obsession was lifted.