Notices

after the 5th step

Old 01-07-2008, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

after the 5th step

I did my 5th step on Saturday. I was nervous and scared before I did it. After I did it I felt good for the rest of the day and most of Sunday but late yesterday evening I had this intense saddness come over me. Has this happened to anybody else after doing this step?
Old 01-07-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I replied to your other post that is on this same step.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Yes, I think that is why the Big Book suggests we immediately work Steps 6 and start on 7. It does help.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I believe nandm is correct. It is usually done in the same sitting. I can see it happening though. You've had time to reflect upon it and you're sifting through the ashes of what once was your life. You're probably feeling a little bit humbled too. This is where we remember Step 3. You made a decision to turn your will and your life over to the care of God as you understand Him. You've handed God the reigns and now he's driving. You're in good hands. Smile and move forward.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I did not get quick relief when I did step 5. It took some time for me. I got the biggest relief after starting my amends. I am glad your working the steps.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did step 5 with a non alcoholic priest with the little spiritual development and prayer I mustered up what stood out plainly was "What you think of me doesn't matter - What I think of you can kill me " (next step) That's why I had to trust in God FIRST then admit to myself second and give freely of what I found.

Glad I did it fearless from the very start as the Big Book Begged us to do. Today not always happy, not always joyous but I sure am FREE.

It's not about who is right or who is wrong
It's about who is left!
Old 07-12-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifelong936 View Post
I did my 5th step on Saturday. I was nervous and scared before I did it. After I did it I felt good for the rest of the day and most of Sunday but late yesterday evening I had this intense saddness come over me. Has this happened to anybody else after doing this step?
When you were feeling sadness I was blasting through step nine.
Then the God bomb went off. And I have never been the same since.