Notices

My feelings are on a roller coaster

Old 01-06-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile My feelings are on a roller coaster

My feelings since the new year on such a roller coaster and at times i feel that it is getting out of control. I still am sober and working programs and talking to friends and counselors but yet still dont feel right. I feel that there is alot of pressure on me. i dont know what to do anymore! I feel things are starting to get out of control and i dont know how to settle them down. I think alot has to do with this court thing that seems never to go away. I have tried to find peace in prayer and doing everything that i have learned to do. Please does anyone have any advice to help me get through these emotions any ideas that I have not thought of? Maybe one thing is that they want me to go to jail for 3 months, maybe if that happens and I wont be able to see me son is causeing these feelings. Any advice will be helpful!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dont have any answers for you, I wish the best for you and your son. Roller coasters dont stop in the middle of the ride and let you off. It's been my experience that I had to ride it out trust in God and clean house.

All Good Things,
Old 01-06-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

I don't know what advice to offer, except that obviously you're better off than if you were drinking.

You have got counsellors and the program for support, but it seems that you are not sure of why you're feeling the way you are - have you written everything down? I find that helps. Maybe you just need to yell and scream a bit?

Good luck, I hope everything works out.

ndz
Old 01-06-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know what to say either Shemp. Obviously the thought of going to jail for a few months is upsetting and I guess you need to try to remain positive and accept what comes along.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What I have heard many times is one great thing about sobriety is your feelings come back and one lousy thing about sobriety is that your feelings come back.

Hang in there, this too will pass.