missing my sister

Old 01-05-2008, 10:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

missing my sister

My sister has been gone for about a week now from my parents' house.
They have set a boundary that they can't live with her and her addiction.
She chose to leave to be with the boyfriend and other addicts. My parents would help her if she wanted the help, but she's not seeking any right now. So she left behind her almost 4 year old daughter once again.

Today I visited my niece after my Nar-Anon meeting. She was dressed up in a new outfit with cowboy boots that her dad sent her in the mail.
She said she was a cowboy girl and I could be her pony. So I gave her a few piggy back rides and just had so much fun with her.

My sister is missing out on these special moments/memories with her daughter. It saddens me and I do miss my sister. I guess the best part of my sister right now is my niece. I can only keep hoping she'll want to be a part of all of these memories she's missing.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know it seems cold to say this but maybe it is better she is away from her daughter at this point . It is soo sad though , children are so innocent in all of this .

At least your niece has you to look up to right now , I hope your sister can get it together .

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree it is better for her to be away! Her daughter deserves a clean mom that can enjoy the moments! I just miss how my sister used to be and hope she will return to us in a better way!

The more I write out how I feel, when I'm feeling it, the more I can let go if that makes any sense.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((aztchr))))

4 years old is a great age what a shame she is missing it. I hope you will see all of her that you can no need for you to miss this time if you can help it.

The little ones that have to live in and with this condition need all the love and care they can get. Hopefully your sister will come to her senses soon. She and your family are in my prayers tonight.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It does make sense to me , about writing it out to let it go . I come here and ramble , lotsa times I just hit the backspace and erase what I type LOL . but it does help me,
Old 01-06-2008, 02:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Sending my love to you. I understand every word you said. As sisters and aunties we care, just give love to your neice and be there for her.

JJ
Old 01-06-2008, 10:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

any addict misses out of alot. there children are not the only thing they miss out on.they miss out on life in general. i can not comprehene how they can self destruct & keep right on doing it. be proud they have you & your mom. i know how u feel missing your sister, i miss my son. hugs & prayers,
Old 01-06-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Looks like you are taking care of yourself and practicing detachment.
That is the best we can do.
How delightful to be close to your niece and be a wonderful aunt.
Reminds me of the serenity prayer: Accept the things you can't change and change the things you can. Have the wisdom to know the difference.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sjr

i don't know if you will find this a good idea or not...but here goes...my brother has been incarsarated (sp?) for ...heck, a long time....i used to visit him alot, but this last stint i haven't. i had to let go for a while...

but something i have always done...take lots of pictures.

he doesn't have kids...but loved my daughter dearly. always felt so sad he was missing out on being around for his niece....i would always take pics to show him...it made him smile...

my point i guess is...you are there for that little girl...i would take tons of pics...the cowboy outfit...priceless pic!!!...

this will be great for her when she is older too. my step-dad took all of the pics of me as a little girl. i only have about 3. i have a million of my daughter. (she has a cowboy outfit one too)....even she will say....look how cute i was! lol

one day hopefully mom will be better and can share in at least that small way. i don't know...food for thought?!