Do I ask?

Old 01-03-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Do I ask?

These threads about re hab have me wanting to know, how my ex is doing. Should I e-mail his GF?
In rehab, can they call family and friends, write to them? It's just that Stephen said he would if they would let them. I have no idea what kind of place he is in all I know is it is 5 weeks in and 8 out.
He went in the friday before Christmas. He still has alot of work I'm sure.
To tell the truth I'm a little frightened and don't know what my part with the kids will be when he gets out. I guess it depends on his actions, he is going to want to see the kids I know that, but I'm not sending them to him, in ND.My mind is just thinking way to much about this. He has not been sober for 5yrs.................so I don't know what to expect
Old 01-03-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The rehab facility that my A is in had a 30 day no telephone communication policy. Although he was able to write and receive letters. I think it depends on the place, every place is probably so different.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

More than likely he doesn't get any phone or email privelges for the 1st 30 days, they may have a policy where he has to earn them. It's best to keep your self busy and work on you. just in case his stuff doesn;t work out.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My A was inpatient rehab for 15 days (that's all our insurance would allow). Then he was in "intensive outpatient therapy" for 8 weeks after that. The treatment center was about 2 1/2 hours from where we live - way out in the sticks. A really beautiful place.

He was not allowed any physical contact for the first 7-8 days. After the first 24 hours, he was allowed one 10 minute phone call per day. I attended Family Therapy at the facility during his last week there. That was the first time I saw him -- on day 15.

His primary counselor called me every day and kept me informed of my A's progress. I called him a couple of times also.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

I would wait too Kermie! He probably does not have any form of communication-I know that my brother did not...so just breathe and take care of you! Find something to occupy that time in your head that is filled with him-

Old 01-03-2008, 04:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Let it be.