Update

Old 01-02-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days, but wanted you to know I'm okay.

I was a little depressed, wanted to sleep all the time, but managed to get a lot of extra hours in, too, so that's okay. Feeling like my old self again today.

I'm still at home. Finally confronted dad and he said he didn't kick the cat (just pushed him with his foot, which I believe because Kitty didn't meow like he would if he'd been hurt) but I told him it was unacceptable to take his anger out on me or the cat. Also told him that I would call the cops if he ever hit me. He told me he never would, but reminded him that he raised his fist to me last year, so this was the 2nd time. Also told him that the fact that I was afraid he was going to hit me, that was enough for me...I'm going to move out.

Thanks to a WONDERFUL mom here, who pm'd me with an offer to help me move out, I realized that I am not trapped unless I want to be. She opened my eyes to look for solutions. It is all about money, and I really don't want to borrow from anyone, but am going to talk to one of my mgrs, who may give me a loan.

I'm going to wait and see what my income tax refund will be, and hopefully will only need about $500 more. I thought, 2 months ago, that I wanted to leave work, but prayed about it and applied other places (none of which I heard from). As it turns out, my bosses are being very supportive and are willing to give me extra hours and may get a little raise in a couple of weeks.

My car is still in the shop, hopefully will get it back today. Drove dad's gas-guzzling truck all week and it overheated on me yesterday

Also told dad and stepmom that their anger and depression and Brit's anger was THEIR problem and if they choose not to deal with it, that's their problem. Stepmom has been defending dad (is in my room right now), but I told her whether he would have hit me or not, I am not willing to have a front-row seat to this chaos and drama any more.

So, today, even though dad is grumpy as he!! because he lost his keys and it's somehow our fault, and stepmom is deeply depressed and going to pick up a prescription for soma (to take with her xanax), I am doing okay. Thanks to everyone here at SR, I finally found my backbone and instead of feeling exasperated, in despair, I am feeling a little excited about moving on with my life. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Oh, and Brit called to apologize to me and tell me she loves me, but I was at work. I truly understand how you can love someone and not like them.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-02-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amy, Was a bit worried but knew that you are strong enough to come up with a solution. Glad that you are setting boundaries with your dad and others in your family. It is hard to live with other's issues. Glad you checked in. Now back to the business of living, huhHugs, Marle
Old 01-02-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Content with my past

I am glad you are back Amy. I was worried about you, its not like you to not be around. Take care of yourself and let me know if I can do anything for you. You are a special person and I deeply care about you and you deserve peace in your life.
Love you,
Sandi
Old 01-02-2008, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Amy, I must have been on mars and didn't see your post about this dilema, so sorry!
I'm glad you got your crap together, you're one of the strongest people on here and I look up to you for that strength and appreciate your input on more than one occassion so I really am glad to hear you straightened things out on your own.
And congrats on starting the ball rolling with moving out, thats a great big plus.

hugs and prayers
Ronnie
Old 01-02-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

love ya Amy, glad you're back. It's not the same w/o you here!!

susan
Old 01-02-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

**{Amy}} Ditto on what everyone else said!!

I am glad you are finding solutions and isn't it amazing that in some of our darkest times, we have angels that look after us and help guide us through? I think you have many angels watching over you, hun, so never feel like you are alone in this big ol' world!!

I really hope you get out of there soon! Just keep chucking away the money and doing what you need to do to stay focused on your future!
Oh, and give Elvis a **{HUG}} from me!! He is surely one of your angels...just a furry version!! LOL!!

Take care hun and stay positive!! I really think God has a plan for you!!
**{HUGS}}
Jane
Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just had another eye-opener. The reason last night was so great at work, is because we've had some college-age kids in the restaurant for several nights. I knew they were from some convention, but didn't find out it was "crusading for Christ" until after they were gone. Some of them had come in New Year's eve, when we had an awful night (cook quit with a full restaurant). I chatted with them, and had fun.

Well, the 2 girls came back last night, with 58 other kids. They walked in the door, yelled to me in the back "hey Amy! We're back). They sat with 11 other kids at a table and told them all to say hi to me because "she is the bomb" so I had all these kids yelling "hey Amy!" I had them and another table with 11 kids. They hugged my neck when they left and said if they came back to Atlanta, they would come see me. The 24 kids ALSO left me a $60 tip!

I told my other-mother about this and about finding a butterfly sticker at work (it's now on my badge, so mom is with me) and she reminded me of my angels. She said "who else do you think sent those kids and that sticker?" Wow...I started thinking of all the stuff that's falling into place, and she's right. My gratitude list is very, very long today

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-02-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Amy, your gratitude is infectious and it will draw more good to you. That's the way the universe works ("she LIKES this stuff? Oh, cool, we'll send her some more....")

Love and luck and strength to you
Old 01-02-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Amy,
Well gosh you sound so positive and uplifting, I'm getting excited right along with you!

I think moving out on your own is a great idea, you have a wonderful life out there, just waiting to get started, like a pandoras box!

Big hugs,
Old 01-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sjr

awwww...i am glad your feeling better...what an awesome story about the kids!!! funny how the little things can make us feel so much better and brighten our day....i am a little things kinda girl too....i don't need to win the lottery, (even though that would be nice)...i just need a smile and hug....

here's a smile and a (((((((hug))))))))) for you!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I happen to believe in the law of attraction. If you keep good thoughts good deeds will follow. Keep good company and you'll always have friends
Old 01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Awwww Amy, You are really touching my heart today. I do believe in people being put in our path. That is exactly what happened to you with those kids, just to let you know that all will be well..........you'll see.

Luv.........Lo
Old 01-02-2008, 08:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((Amy))))) So glad you are feling better and checked in. I'm glad you are moving towards moving...you deserve to feel comfie in your own home.
I often find HP sends me what I need to do the next right thing if I just stop and listen and ask him for a little help. I too think there's a lot to be said for the law of attraction. Hugs and much happiness as you venture forward
Old 01-02-2008, 08:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

(((IMpurrfect)))
you were pretty "perfect" in how you handled that. And you are right. It seems when we do it right so much seems to click in place! so good for you!
Cathy
Old 01-02-2008, 10:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, Amy.
Hopefully Elvis is back to eating his kitty treats.
<3, Vanessa
Old 01-03-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

stay postive amy, it becomes you. hugs & prayers,