Notices

been away for awhile

Old 01-02-2008, 01:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

been away for awhile

hey guys! hope everyone had a happy holidays. i havent been around here for awhile so thought i would start my own thread again. i have been progressing well, Jan 4 will be 3 months sober for me. i was afraid of new years as that was always a night i would never end up remembering!! so i was lame this year and stayed home with some movies and video games. i had played hockey all day so I was pretty beat anyways. i hope this year will be a great one especially now that i am sober. 2007 was definitely my worst year seeing as I spent much of it drunk, was in 3 car accidents but managed to skate away without any DUI charges on 2 of them and the 3rd I was charged with hit and run (surprisingly no alcohol was involved in that one). i had hung around for awhile, gave the guy my insurance info and then had a massive anxiety attack and my instinct to leave the situation took over so i left. my trial is in a week but it doesn't sound like it will be too bad. my attorney seems to think we can get it dropped or at the very least settle with the other guy or get the charges dropped down to a lesser charge. at the same time is when i had been laid off from my job (i work in the film industry) so that and some family issues lead to the anxiety. but that entire situation pushed me into a 5 day binder that nearly killed me. it was at that point, while i was lying in a hotel room looking at my self in the mirror shaking uncontrollably because i had run out of booze and didnt have the strength to get up and get some, a voice inside my head told me this wasnt a way to live, but a way to die. that night i got a friend to take me to the hospital and all they did was put me on out patient detox basically by giving me lorazapam for the withdrawl and i started AA. the first 2 weeks sucked, especially physically (i pretty much stayed in bed for the first week). so now the only battle is mental which does get better day by day. the holidays were a huge obstacle but i did it and am still taking it one day at a time. it will be so much easier once i get back to work. the only thing that scares me about that is that drinking and partying are a huge part of the film biz. i dont know how many times i would be drunk for most of the work day and no one cared. anyways i want ed to say hi to all the ones i know here as well as new folks. i hadn't really shared my story with everyone so this was a good opportunity to do that. this community has helped me so much....in fact if i didnt have this place to come to (especially sitting home all day) i probably wouldnt have made it. so thank you to all that have helped me!!

josh
Old 01-02-2008, 01:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

calfritch - good to see ya!!!

and a happy new year!
Old 01-02-2008, 01:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Josh, glad you survived the new year. Hopefully 2007 will be looked back on as your best year in time, the last quarter was where you fought back. Congrats on your sober time, good luck with the trial( and the job).
Old 01-02-2008, 04:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lurker

welcome back, 2008 will be great if we just keep the plug in the jug.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome back and congrats on the 3 months, do you have a sponsor yet? Working the steps woth my sponsor is the only thing that kept me sober beyond the 3 month point.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back Josh it's wonderful to see you again - I'm glad you're doing so well in sobriety. Keep posting, and stay close to recovery.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Josh - wondered what happened to you

D
Old 01-02-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you again!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

sorry i havent been on here much lately....been a busy little bee. im trying to get some writing sold so ive been locked away up in the mountains away from everything so i could get some writing done. i came back today for my hit and run trial which worked out well. i took a plea offer and it looks like everything is going to go away. but ive stayed sober through it all and havent wanted a drink in at least a week. some words of wisdom i'd like to leave are that if you're ever in the car accident situation i was in....get an attorney right away. had i done that i most likely wouldn't have even had charges filed...

hope everyone is doing well
Old 01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you are holding strong at such a stressful time, best wishes.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

quite well, thanks, Cal -

good to hear from ya too! keep up the good work!