Notices

not sure what to think

Old 01-01-2008, 09:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

not sure what to think

Earlier today i found this site and felt the need to explore for Im feeling not so good lately....

I have an addiction to pot,cigerettes,eating,sex, love....luckily ive known better to stay away from other drugs (for the most part!) for I KNOW i would have ended up much worse if i did coke,herion etc nevermind meth.....I think the only reason im not an alcoholic is because growing up it really f**** up my head.....and I knew not to use it for i was way suspectible to being an alcoholic myself...which leads me to this..

Tonite I looked into meetings....found an Al anon meeting to go to tonite.....I also ran out of pot today.....but Im tired of pot....Ive been on it forever and feel it has a control over my life, i know im addicted for i feel the withdrawals even now, when my last hit was a few hrs ago...the last...

So I talked to people tried to motivate myself...but in the end i still felt limpless and just didnt want to go or see anyone....and on top of it i ended up taking two vicadins (now I do have severe back pain, for the last week but I know i took it more for the withdrawals of no pot not for the other).....My fear too now is that i really want to stop and have full intentions of not buying anything, whether thats for good not sure, but in the meantime last time i did this i drank myself badly......I dont really think im as depressed i was at that time, but feel im heading there.....feel im heading down, no matter how much i try and tell myself im doing ok.......

I am so mad at myself for being scared to go to these meetings...ive been to so many espc when i was younger.....i find I either say nothing or cry my frign eyes out, both of which im really not comfortable to do at this point...I would love to see a therapist who would work with me one on one with relationships and how to deal with life with stride instead of taking it to anger or depression but i cant afford to see a therapist, i already owe one over $500 when i was going through my suidical stages 2 yrs ago.....Anywho I guess i just needed to let it out and see what inspiration may hit me.....

my tv is out and i cant get to sleep.....Is this healthy for me to be using this site as an escape route to my problems? I just dont know.....but i do know i like helping and being there for people here.....So maybe next wk or the wk after hopefully i can get the courage to go to some meetings and stick with it......i hate being so stuck in my rut....
Old 01-01-2008, 09:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're lucky you're not hooked on alcohol unless i missed something. It sounds to me like you need to hook up with a counselor and talk about some of the things that bother you. For starters, eliminate down your list. Forget about being addicted to cigerettes, love, and eating. Focus on the Pot, vico's, and sex. All which are big, pot isn't such a huge deal as it is a stepping stone IMO. Vico's you NEED to stay clear of, those can become more additive than anything so easily accessible. Sex can get you, well, you know where and what that can do. Pot should be tough, but you can do that w/o the withdrawls that could be life threatening, as only alcohol is. Vico's are the real worry of mine, those are scary, flush em' if you care about yourself. Sex, why? Ask yourself what part of your life was left ( ) that creates the need for this form of ( ). You remember when you were a kid, when you first learned to ride a bicycle???? Here's my saying to associate with your situation: "You have to learn to ride before you can wheelie."

I wish you the best, honestly!

LB-
Old 01-01-2008, 10:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

It's a personality LONG before it's a substance.

Maybe read the stickies on the top of the Narcotics and substance abuse forums..the stickies on the tops of the forums containa wealth of information...

and welcome to SR!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see a new member....Welcome!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

as a caffeine addict who has tried to quit several times before, I know how hard it is. while caffeine is not illegal, it's every bit as addictive, and in long-term health, every bit as dangerous.

as for the sex addiction, i dont know if there's a cure for that, that's just a natural feeling we all love. i guess the only thing i can say for sex, is to buy a sex toy, it wont give you a disease and it doesn't talk back, or complain, or gripe, and you dont have to feed it, clothe it, drive it around, and other such inconveniences.

as for the pot and cigs, the best advice I can give you is to put up signs around your house, that are supportive to your cause....print something off on the computer, and post them up. also when you feel the urge to do one of those things, call a friend and just talk, it will take your mind off it, or take a walk around the block, or get in your car and go for a drive..throw away lighters, and cigarettes, dont keep cash on yourself, so you wont be tempted to buy cigs, pot, etc. also dont go inside gas stations as they are a temptation. when i go to a gas station i pay at the pump with my debit card. if i have to pay cash, i go in real quick with the money i want, say $35 on pump 3, and i walk out, without glancing at anything but the person behind the cash register.

the less temptation you put yourself around, the better the chances that you can overcome your addictions.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone appreciate it.....