what a day!!!

Old 12-30-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what a day!!!

Today my mother came to spend the afternoon with my grandmother. Lauren went to lunch with them and I went to a friends house, kinda taking advantage of the free time so on my way home I called to tell them I was almost there and my mother says Lauren is in the shower that she was leaving!! I came home and Lauren came walking out with a towel on her head and when I ask what was wrong, she replied a flat nothing and went out of the room and called me a bitch. At this point I am MAD I just got in the car and left for about a hour and came in, Lauren was on the computer and I walked in sat down started reading a magazine, not saying a word and finally she started talking and when I asked why she was so mad.. she said you left me and was not here.... it makes me so sad but this is why it is so hard for me to live my life with her!! Shesaid she felt like she could jump out of her skin.... wonder if she does or is just something to tell me to make me feel guilty??? These things I am still learning to distinguish and I hate that part of this disease!!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((obsessed)))

I hope you enjoyed your free time for a little bit.

My sister also said a few hurtful things to my mom today and she did leave.
The disease was speaking again.

Keeping you and Lauren in my thoughts, too!!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

You handled that better than I would.

Our addicted kids are so much like little aliens.... who have suddenly landed on this world with the idea that THEY knew how it worked... and as they find out what they "know" isn't "how it is"... they throw tantrums and DEMAND things be the way they WANT them to be!

Part of that was just the normal kid growing into adult stuff... but I had a VERY hard time separating those growing pains from the addiction.

The good part? It doesn't last forever.

(((Obsessed)))) Hang in there like a five pound booger..... (grin)
Old 12-30-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Shesaid she felt like she could jump out of her skin
This is EXACTLY how an addict feels when they aren't using but wish they were. Using drugs is very normal and comfortable for addicts. Not using is very uncomfortable and pure anguish. We don't know how to deal with normal feelings.

I'm sorry she is dragging you through all this. It's not you. It's the addiction. It's a horrible thing. Don't take it personally. It's her demon.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My sister's pattern is to start a fight with my mom so she'd have an excuse to leave and continue her addiction. She definitely knew which buttons to push!

Stay strong!!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by hello-kitty View Post
This is EXACTLY how an addict feels when they aren't using but wish they were. Using drugs is very normal and comfortable for addicts. Not using is very uncomfortable and pure anguish. We don't know how to deal with normal feelings.
For me when I was on meth Meth, this is how I started to feel like that even when I was on it, why they call it the devils drug...
There will come a point in Laurens life if it isn't already here where the meth isn't going to work, the meth is not going to 'be comfortable' anymore it is just going to seem like it is.
Not using is going to be very uncomfortabe and pure anguish but so is using it.

I'm sorry you are both going through such hell with this drug, I feel for you both. I pray she hits her bottom with that drug soon.
It does stop working, I still remember as clear as day the time when I thought I would NEVER EVER stop doing it, because of how much I loved it. It worked so well for me.
But it stops, and my "God" my everything, tore me down to my knees. I was willing to die early just to stay on that stuff because my life was so much better when I was on it.
But it stops working.......
Then there's no point in staying on it anymore.
You just have to find the courage to get off it.
Once she reaches that point, then she'll be done with it.

((((Obsessed)))))
:ghug3
Old 12-31-2007, 04:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Is there no way for her to get into treatment at this time? Hanging around the house just isn't going to help her stay clean in the long run.