After Christmas blues

Old 12-30-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

After Christmas blues

Does this happen to any of you? I tend to get a dose of it every year, but more so this year. I imagine it's because I decided to put off all of the difficult things I need to do until after Christmas, now it's after Christmas.

I just feel like hopping in the car and running away. I want to run away from the bills, run away from my house, run away from anything and everything. I won't do it of course, and I'll work my way out of my funk, but at the moment I just wish for once someone would come in and fix everything for me like I've done for all these years with my AH. Hell, at least I'd appreciate it, would be forever grateful if someone could just come and take care of all the hard stuff. I'm just so stinkin drained.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I do know that some days I'd really like to find a nice codie to do all the crap work in my life!

I actually get excited this time of year because the New Year is a new start in my mind. 2007 sucked for me. Totally sucked. Now I get to start anew in 2008 and this is going to be my year!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WantsOut View Post
I do know that some days I'd really like to find a nice codie to do all the crap work in my life!

I actually get excited this time of year because the New Year is a new start in my mind. 2007 sucked for me. Totally sucked. Now I get to start anew in 2008 and this is going to be my year!

2007 totally sucked for me as well, was my worst year ever so I'm totally looking forward to 2008, just not all the hard stuff that has to be done to make it a very good year.

Guess I'm just throwing myself and end of 2007 pity party. lol
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

2007 sucked for me too. I told a buddy the other day that the best thing about 2007 is that there is only 5 days (at that time) left in it!

The Christmas holiday has always been depressing for me since I was about 40. I have no children and by that time there were no more little ones around - my nieces and nephews were smart-assed teenagers by then.

Then in the last 6 years I have lost Mom and Dad, and slowly most of my aunts and uncles. So the whole big family thing is down to me and my 2 siblings. Combined with a natural disdain of an over-commercialized Christmas, and it is not my favorite time of year.

And I really, truly detest office Christmas parties.

But I am not going to drink over it!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

2007 was a mixed bag. My daughter's grandmother died in January, my income plummeted (mortgage industry mess), and I allowed myself to get sucked into the winds of my XABF hurricane.

Yet, there were many bright spots! We had an excellent horse show season, the calm after the chaos of my XABF in August, personal discoveries, a closer walk with my HP, and we all stayed healthy.

I bought a primitive sign the day after Thanksgiving that says "Life Is What You Make It: Always has been, Always will be." I just keep saying that this too will pass, and it does.

I hate the Holidays, though. Definitely NOT because of the religious significance. That I really enjoyed. But it's a dark time of year, it's way over commercialized, and I hate listening to Christmas music. Now that it's over, I'm excited about the New Year. It's a time of new beginnings for all of us, putting behind the bad, and focusing on the good. I'm starting a diet January 2nd and actually looking forward to it. Life is what we make it.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CBrown View Post
I bought a primitive sign the day after Thanksgiving that says "Life Is What You Make It: Always has been, Always will be."
My sign -- the first thing on the wall in my apt. when I moved out -- says "Faith makes things possible . . . not easy." I want it to be easy, but anything worth having is worth working for.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Oh yeah, been there plenty! At one point in my life, I moved house every year just after xmas because of those feelings and my need to run away. Well things will catch up with you! My bills that I never sorted out found me five years later! Time to take responsibility Lily!!!!

Any hoot, for me I found that writing a list of what needs to be sorted out (most urgent fist) helped. Each day I would get ONE task completed on my list. I wouldn't attempt to takle everything because it made me feel overwhelmed and like going back to bed and hiding under the duvet! After a few days you begin to realise that the list is shrinking and it gives you a real sense of acheivement!

Here's to 2008!
Lily xxxxxxxxx

PS, everyday is a fresh new page for me. If yesterday was a mess, today is gonna be different!

My 2008 new years resolution.....

To end 2008 a much healthier, stronger, less codie person than how I entered it.

Happy new year to all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 12-31-2007, 03:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by nowinsituation View Post
My sign -- the first thing on the wall in my apt. when I moved out -- says "Faith makes things possible . . . not easy." I want it to be easy, but anything worth having is worth working for.
if its worth it, you'll work it!