Goodie Two Shoes

Old 12-30-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Goodie Two Shoes

Okay, so no drinking or drugging since June 1st 2006. I quit smoking since Nov. 15th 07'.

Now I do nothing bad at all. I have my business and am all upstanding and what-not. I've turned into a goodie two shoes and it makes me sick! I really feel like I need to rebel!!!

I'm not a christian and my life does not revolve around being good all the time. I don't want to be good ALL the time.

I'm trying to think of things that I can do that will make me feel kinda' bad-ass, without all the trouble. Like, badass-lite! lol

Any suggestions? Anybody else ever felt like this?
Old 12-30-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh no, honey, we're all perfect saints around here.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please explain why this is an attraction?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Take it easy

Originally Posted by wandergrrl777 View Post
Okay, so no drinking or drugging since June 1st 2006. I quit smoking since Nov. 15th 07'.

Now I do nothing bad at all. I have my business and am all upstanding and what-not. I've turned into a goodie two shoes and it makes me sick! I really feel like I need to rebel!!!

I'm not a christian and my life does not revolve around being good all the time. I don't want to be good ALL the time.

I'm trying to think of things that I can do that will make me feel kinda' bad-ass, without all the trouble. Like, badass-lite! lol

Any suggestions? Anybody else ever felt like this?
Rebellion can take many forms, often it's a need to burn off newfound energy...channeling your energy in a positive fashion is one way of doing so such as getting involved in local affairs, charities...etc...

If you're looking for excitement try some of those things you've always wanted to do but put off due to addiction or fear...maybe skydiving, my favorite is motorcycles (no kiddin') the possibilities are endless...

Please consider your reasons for this "need" make sure you're not creating a replacement for your addictions so give this some serious thought before running amok!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think quitting smoking really shined a light on just how goodie-goodie I've become. I think it took away part of my identity...(i know that sounds lame, but it's true)

I was a guitar playin' smokin' drinkin' rock n' roll tattoo lovin' awesome chick! If I knew the new me 5 years ago, I'd think I sucked.

I'm just taking stock of all this change in me and in my life, and it freaks me out a little.

I'm convinced that being a grown-up (sneaking up on 30 here) doesn't have to suck. I don't know who this new person really is. I've been so busy NOT drinking and everything and starting this business, I have no idea what to do for fun! I think that's what it comes down to...I'm bored and feeling old. lol

I was considering a motorcycle when I put up the first post. I hadn't considered skydiving. (don't know about that...)

Maybe I just need some adventure.

Thanks for all the responses and keep posting if you can think of awesome badass-lite things to do!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yea the motorcycle thing has always worked for me. But so does hanging with my N.A. family. we are not right, but it causes no harm to ourselves or others. Stay up late drink way to much coffee. talke ALOT of sh!t laugh all night:rof & no regrets the next day. Life dont have to be dull just cuz i quit trying to kill myself on a daily basis
Old 01-02-2008, 05:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

You ever go work out in a gymn?

Sounds like you can use a little release of your tensions!

just a suggestion
Old 01-03-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wandergrrl777 View Post
I think quitting smoking really shined a light on just how goodie-goodie I've become. I think it took away part of my identity...(i know that sounds lame, but it's true)

I was a guitar playin' smokin' drinkin' rock n' roll tattoo lovin' awesome chick! If I knew the new me 5 years ago, I'd think I sucked.

I'm just taking stock of all this change in me and in my life, and it freaks me out a little.

I'm convinced that being a grown-up (sneaking up on 30 here) doesn't have to suck. I don't know who this new person really is. I've been so busy NOT drinking and everything and starting this business, I have no idea what to do for fun! I think that's what it comes down to...I'm bored and feeling old. lol

I was considering a motorcycle when I put up the first post. I hadn't considered skydiving. (don't know about that...)

Maybe I just need some adventure.

Thanks for all the responses and keep posting if you can think of awesome badass-lite things to do!
Sports Bike, Nothing is more addictive than 2 wheels, Its between you and the road. Lots of biker forums, you meet new folks every day/weekend, lots of fun, In two years of my riding I have met More hundreds of people. Bikers look out for each other. I know a lot of girls that ride bike and they rock.

Do it right, take an MSF Beginner's course and learn to ride properly.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Quit your job and go on a journey alone.