I'm so sorry

Old 12-30-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FEP

I'm so sorry

I知 sorry that I知 a weak man, that your will outlasted mine and that I have abandoned you when you needed me the most.
I知 sorry that I had taken everything that we built together, your house, your futures, and your daughter.
I知 sorry that your family hates me for not preventing your addiction and for leaving you
I知 sorry I was a bad father and could not fix a broken mother and that our daughter doesn稚 talk or visit you very often.
I知 sorry our daughter痴 university/marriage fund and my retirement fund will mostly end up in the hands of street dealers.
I知 sorry we will have to watch you slowly hit rock bottom over the next few years and the emotional stress it will cause everyone.
I知 sorry I loved you with all my heart and would have laid my life down for you
I知 sorry you left me no other choice and that my sanity and our daughter痴 future depended on the termination of our marriage.
I知 sorry that your still in denial and wont admit that you have a problem so chances are you may never read this post.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am sorry you are hurting. you have done what you had to do to survive & to take care of yourself & your daughter. you did everything you could do. do not feel guilty.you did not CAUSE it,you can not CONTROL it, & you can not CURE it. i hope your ex reaches her bottom soon. there are caring people here who have gone down the same road that you have been.my addict is my son & we can not love them clean.they have to do it on their own. welcome to S.R. keep coming back.prayers for you,your daughter & your ex.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sometimes it takes a stronger man to leave than to stay. I think you are very brave and am sorry for your pain.

My prayers go out for all of you.

Hugs
Old 12-30-2007, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

FEP,

It might not feel like it right now, but you have given your daughter a wonderful gift, that of a healthy parent who loves her. Perhaps her mother will seek recovery... there is always hope.

I am so sorry for your pain, but welcome to SR. Try to visualize the hundreds of people who are gathering around you and your sweet daughter, people who understand your pain as few others can, hugging you and patting your shoulder.

You've come to the right place.

Hugs
Cats
Old 12-30-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Sorry you are hurting.
Man who can admit that and face it and leave a situatuation to save himself and his child is anything but weak.

Fact is I think you deserve hero status.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

FEP.... writing out my pain has been more cathartic than I ever believed possible. Please continue on the path you are on - it does lead to a good place in the sun.

(((hugs)))
Old 12-30-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

FEP.....

((((((((HUGS TO YOU))))))))))))

I did the same as you....I left to save my life and my son's. Hang in there.....miracles happen.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((FEP)))
It's all been said before me.

I wish for your heart to mend....
Old 12-30-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wish I had the strength you do to leave my ABF!! Prayers to you.

Jennifer
Old 12-30-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are not weak. You are strong. the hardest thing is to leave someone you love, but you must love yourself and daughter more! You didn't cause it, don't feel sorry you can't control it. that is her job not yours.
HUGS to you, you are on the right path, it hurts but will get better!!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Everyone before me has said it so well. It takes a very strong man and father to do what you have done and for the reasons you did it.

You did not allow the addiction to destroy more than it could. It has already done bad but you have prevented it doing its worst.

I am so sorry that you are hurting so but my hat is off to you for doing what you did.

Lots of hugs and prayers,
Marteen
Old 12-30-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(1) My sons were learning what marriage looked like by watching ours.
(2) My sons were learning how to treat their wives by watching how their father treated me.

When I looked at it from that perspective, my next move was pretty obvious. Divorcing their dad was the best thing I ever did for all of us.

Hugs
Cats
Old 12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I wish my father had been as brave as you.

It would have spared me many years of suffering.

Hugs and strength to you, fep. You are doing what you must.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

(((FEP))))

I know you are hurting and I'm sorry about that. I pray that the hurt will ease and that you will realize that taking healthy care of you and your daughter is the smartest move you can make even though it hurts.....for now. The hurt won't last forever.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 12-31-2007, 03:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FEP

Thanks to all for the kind words of support.
I seemed to be enjoying Christmas for the first time in years. I know my ex is having her worst, maybe in her entire life. It seems every time I see my ex I'm overwhelmed with guilt, I know what I had to do and I did it but I always wondered if I could have done things differently.
It's New Years Eve, time for a new year and a new life I only hope I can leave some of my emotional baggage in the past.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I also feel the guilt when I think of my ex. He is struggling emotionally so much. But we gave them lots of chances, warnings, and they made thier choices. I am happy now, no more anxiety, but he is so unhappy. I would like to wish you a truly happy new year and all the best for 2008 for us all!!!!