A little off subject, need to vent

Old 12-29-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

A little off subject, need to vent

Mom fell 4 weeks ago and broke her shoilder had surgery and is doing great, however she is her with me and I have been taking care of her, you know shower, go to the bathroom the simple things in life. Last night I had to have my Dad rushed to the hospitial (heart attack?) still working that one out. He is still in the hospitial, so I have been back and forth to check on him. Then back to Mom. I'm so tired I can't see straight. Lucky for me school is on vacation and I have no work right now. Money is tight but we will make it. Had to get food stamps but hey at least were not hungry.
My Ex is in rehab and is doing well from what I understand. He has not tried to contact me since the e-mail. He is in a program 5 weks in and 8 weeks out. I hope and pray he does well, he has done it befor so he can do it again. But if he dowsn't get help for his mental well being and deal with his chidhood and fathers death who knows how long he will stay clean, the longest run was 8yrs. My kids are good and healthy and I'm tahnkful for that. I have not been to my meeting in 4 weeks and miss them. DId I mention I'm sleeoing on the floor because Mom is in my bed? Man I could use a good nights sleep the a vacation. To bad I can't afford one. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ICU

(((Kermit))),

I understand the fatigue and not being able to see straight. Been experiencing that myself lately too!

Is there anyone you know that could lend you an air mattress? Sleeping on the floor would just about render me paralyzed...not as young as I used to be. Maybe if your Mom watches tv in another room, you could sneak in a nap for an hour or two during the day on your own bed?

I'll keep your Mom, Dad, and (((you))) in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things begin looking up for you soon!
Old 12-29-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

hey Kerm, sorry to hear about your parents' health problems. The pressure must be huge.

Mentioning the ex's mental health issues seems like a trap to me. Gives the addict room to say, "Poor me! I drink cause of n!" when what they really need is to be responsible. I know we could get bogged down in the old disease vs choice debate here, but that's what I thought of when I read that. If you recall my exah went to therapy for 10 years and drank the whole damn time. Unraveling his issues did nada for his drinking and was a distraction from the real problem.

Anyway, I wish there was someone you could call to help. And I pray that your dad is okay. (((hugs)))
Old 12-29-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your parents health, that is always tough stuff to deal with. Hopefully everyone is healthy soon!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just goes to show ya, I thought I was having a tuff time.
GOD bless you and good luck. Its good to hear about a family that helps each other.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Blessings to you.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope everyone's health problems are resovled as soon as possible.

You might want to see if there are any respite care available in your area. Just someone to come in now and then to give you a break. I always find that if I allow myself to take on too much, my own health suffers.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

**{Kermie}}} I hope you can get some relief from all the caretaking. Do you think some of your friends from your meeting might come over and bring a meeting (and some extra helping hands) to your place? I know how hard it can be taking care of multiple family members at the same time. Sometimes just an hour out of the house and or a quick nap was enough to recharge my batteries.
I'll keep you in my prayers. Please take good care of yourself first.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh Kermee I am so sorry you have so much going on. I agree with what everybody else has said. Give the people at your meeting a phone call, even if you haven't been in 4 weeks. Let them know what you are going thru. Maybe one of them can lend you a fold-out bed for you to sleep on, maybe baby-sit your mom a few hours so you can get some sleep. Any little bit will be a huge help.

I'm praying for ya Kermee, and for all your family too.

Mike
Old 12-30-2007, 09:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Kermit))) Wow;that is tiring (even w/out all the "other" problems you have been plodding thru which,btw I'd like to mention exAH is not the only one here who has "stress" and hurts,etc that "make him drink" because I am sure if you were in a like-mode,you could certainly claim,too instead of having to deal...jmho).

Lots of good ideas....hope you can get some rest; even a hot bath w/out a knock on the door was a luxury for me when I had similar situations.

Do your program friends know your current situation? Perhaps they could be of practical help......even loan you an air mattress or mattress for your floor (I've used both and it DOES help).

Don't mean to "badmouth" your ex,but he has lots of support now (if he choses to use it) and you sure could use some yourself!

Hugs and prayers out to you! (you are always an inspiration to me;thanks for posting)
Old 12-30-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

Kermit...I can't even imagine what you are going through...its so hard..I hope someone can help you out..I imagine you need a few helpful hands/friends.

Just sending love and prayers your way,

Growing
Old 12-30-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Dad's home!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kermit View Post
Dad's home!
I'm so glad.........for both (all) of you!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Dad's home!
Great news!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ICU

Great news Kermit! I'll still keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. How's the sleep coming along?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Last night I was on the floor, in came the 4 dogs and two boys, so I thought to myself, why the hell am I here? So I got up and went to my sons room went into the bed and fell asleep! It felt so good. I just woke up I think I slept for 6hrs straight. I'm going to be sluggish today I have had so much sleep. LOL.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ICU

Old 01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Mom is spent the day at my sisters, after begging her to give me a break, and now Mom is spending the night there! WEEEEEEEEEEEE I get to sleep in my own bed
Old 01-01-2008, 09:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

(((((Kermit))))) Sending big ole support to ya at this difficult demanding time.
Sometimes we just have to put one foot in front of the other and do what we have to do. how great that your parents can depend on you.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Mom is spent the day at my sisters, after begging her to give me a break, and now Mom is spending the night there! WEEEEEEEEEEEE I get to sleep in my own bed

I'm so glad you've gotten a break. Hope you had a great night's sleep.