Update...his family is making it harder

Old 12-26-2007, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wanting a new life

Update...his family is making it harder

So if you read my first post "I'm New Here" then you know what I'm going through with my XABF. Well, today after much thought I decided to walk away for good. I even found a church down the street that has Narcotics Anonymous meetings that helps the loved ones of addicts. I haven't talked to him all day and have fought off the urge to call and make sure he is at least alive. It's been really hard and I have been crying my eyes out all day, but I know it is the best decision for me at this point.

So anyway-I get a call from a strange number tonight and I thought about not answering it, but I did anyway. It ended up being J's (my XABF) sister calling me from New York. I haven't talked ot her in awhile. She was asking me how her brother was doing because she hasn't been able to get a hold of him. I strted to tell her everything that was going on, but she pretty much already knew. She said she had been hearing things and it didn't sound good.

She is a former addict herself for prescription pills, but went to rehab a few months back and has been doing good since. She told me that she is really worried about J because she knows firsthand how hard it is to get off oxy's and that it was going to be the hardest thing J ever has to do in his life. We talked about how scared we both are for J because he is out of control. She told me that she knows J has put me through a lot of **** and that I have stuck by his side through a lot, but that he really needs me right now. She asked me to keep watching out for him because he has no one else. She told me that she knows I'm at my wits end with him, but to not give up on him right now. I told her that I have tried my best, but that it just keeps getting worse and worse everyday. I know she is really concerned because she doesn't live here anymore and even though his mom does she is no better off than J. I feel like I owe it to her to stick by J's side, but honestly what more can I do.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yikes.... I'd ask her about her recovery... and how she is doing... and what worked for her!

Keep looking after yourself Nikki... keep coming here... read the stickies... there is absolutely nothing you can do.... if you are able to love from a distance... then have at it...! I tried... and tried... and just could not do it!
But some people can!

Hugs to you... and really... keep coming here.. it will help you so much....!

As long as you remain honest to yourself...... you'll be okay!