Notices

Feeling abandoned

Old 12-26-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Feeling abandoned

I had a great day with my family yesterday.
Although I havent talked to or seen my dad since I wrote that email way back in Sept. I still have the rest of my family.
Like I posted in another thread. My truck wont start and I think I have a dead battery.
So now I had to ask my cousin to take me to SS tomorrow which I know she isnt happy about but she said she would. That is very important.

But I need someone to simply take me to the auto parts store so I can check and see if it is in fgact the battery. Then I need to go get my check so I can buy a battery if thats what it is and it seems like everyone is like..OOhh I cant. Well If someone would just take me the 5 mins to the dam auto parts store to see if thats what it is then 2 mins down the road to Walmart to get another one I wouldnt have to bother anyone.

Maybe its me. I just hate having to rely on people for rides especially living in suburbia that has no mass transit.
I have a million things to do that are very essential this week.
I know its not their responsibility but my cousin is on vacation and I have done alot for her and so has my grams and shes too far stuck up her new boyfriends ass to even pay attention to anything else.
I guess I better be lucky she even agreed to take me to SS.

Sorry. Another rant.
Venting is good.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Couple of troubleshooting things you can do to narrow down if it is the battery.
* Check the battery cables. If there is any corrosion at all pour part of a can of coke on them. The acid in the coke eats away the corrosion and many times that will be enough to take get the car started.
* If the cables are loose. Tighten them.
* Check to see if your head lights come on. If when the car is off your headlights come on and are bright it probably is not your battery rather it could be your starter.
* Have someone try to jump start your battery. Make sure you give the battery time to charge up though. If that doesn't start the car then it is probably not the battery but rather in the starter or solenoid.

Hope that it is something fairly easy to fix. Be sure to take your old battery in so you can get the core cost rebated back to you.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OK This is what happened. Everything lights up. My uncle said the headlights are dim though. We tried jumping it with his truck but took like 5 mins before it started. When it did it reved really loud and blew alot of air from under the hood and stalled again. Then jumped it again and just got it out of the road into my driveway. No corrosion. I cant even get the battery cables loose to get it out so its not that.
Thanks for your help. I pray it is only the battery. It is about due for a new one.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good advice there from Nan...lucky cos I'm not exactly Mr Fix it :rof
as for the other...sometimes ppl just won't do what you want them to do sweetie...just like we won't always do what others want us to do, you know ?

I hope Nan's suggestions get you to the auto store - if not..um...try your cousin again ? if she takes you to the auto store and Walmart she won't need to take you to SS

D
Old 12-26-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I need clarify. That truck is also my grams transportation. and she babysits for both my cousins all week for nothing. It is my aunt mother and if something were to happen and she knows she has Dr appts coming up.
I know it is the holidays and everyone is beat down from all the craziness. But dang. We suppose to be family here. Transportation in the country is a necessity.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Then maybe your Gram needs to ask/complain too Chiy ?...squeaky wheel and all that.
Hope you sort it.

D
Old 12-26-2007, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))

Hope you get the truck situation worked out. My car was leaking water and I just found out it's the radiator....over $500 to repair and he can't even get the radiator for 2 days. My dad and I just had a huge fight and I had to ask him if I can borrow the truck this weekend for work (I can).

I hope your cousin comes through for you, but I know it sucks when we have to depend on someone else.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-26-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I can understand the importance of transportation especially in a rural setting.

I do hope your cousin will get there and give you a hand. It would not kill any of them to have a little holiday spirit and spend a half an hour helping you. I wish I was closer as I would come out and help. I even help my neighbors when they need it and they aren't family. Just because it is the right thing to do in life.

Remember you are not alone in the struggle through recovery and life although at times it can feel that way. You are doing great reaching out here at SR and you have a big support group here. I am glad you are here.

Judith