Five people angry,
Four gifts backordered,
Three stressful parties,
Two sons a drinking,
And a son smoking crack in my home
Old 12-26-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry

I haven't been around here for awhile, and my 12 days of xmas was probly highly inappropriate, but using it as a way to describe the pain. Not handling the relapse well at all.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((Barb))))))
I'm very sorry...relapse stinks..of course that's putting it mildly. I hope you can express yourself here and find a way to pick yourself back up even if he is not ready yet to do so. Hugs and lots of positives thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Barb))))

I know the feeling of despair we get when our kids relapse. Ann told me once (and I ALWAYS need to be reminded) that the difference between a bad day and a good day ... is about two days. (and sometimes, far less)

I let go of a LOT of expectations and trying to predict outcomes this year. It worked much better this year for me, than in the past. Even the things that didn't go well... even those seemed better. Son-in-law is using again - has been for some time, I guess. Daughter was using with him, but says she has set a boundary. I will watch the actions... so far, so good.

Both live in a crappy trailer house in a crappy (and I mean REALLY) crappy trailer park. They didn't pay December's rent on the first, and the landlord sent her husband around about a week ago.

Three years ago, I'd have been in a panic. But this year, Mr. Big and I agree - we will make room in our home for the babies (16 months and 1 month) and daughter.... but son-in-law is not invited.

So daughter asked - can he come to Christmas? ???? I said of course he can come to Christmas - he just can't spend the night, and that is only if you guys get kicked out of your trailer. Sometimes the message just gets garbled.

Anyway - he came, we didn't pick at him (yet) and everyone was far happier than we have been in past years. Son was hung over, son-in-law looked a little high... but no one commented.

My prayers are that your son can be clean and sober ....soon. (((BigHugs)))
Old 12-26-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your song said alot in a few words, much of what many of us were experiencing or expecting. I found it funny! THanks
susan
Old 12-26-2007, 12:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

ah Barb,
Sorry to hear about the relapse.
The hardest thing, is when they get sober, we just imagine they'll stay sober, and going forward in their recovery.

My oldest relapsed also, although I'm not sure if he was totally sober to start with, (?) so it wasn't unexpected.

Maybe this is sad, but I really have lowered my expectations.

Hugs to you, Barb...
Old 12-26-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Barb, Sorry for what has happened. I know for me, sometimes it is easier with my daughter still using. At least I know how to handle that. Hugs and prayers, Marle
Old 12-26-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No, Marle...it's not easier. Sorry, I appreciate your input, but have to disagree on that point.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Barb,
Your song was right on target for you. I liked reading it, since so many of the things related to me too. Sorry to hear about the relapse, I pray everyday that all of the addicts will find the help they need. It just isn't the right time for all of them yet. It is the right time for you. I was told once that we have relapses like the addicts do and it is how we work on ourselves that will decide how long we relapse.
Take care of you, try not to worry to much about your AS, I know easier said than done. I worry everyday.
Hugs coming to you, I am here if you need me.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

((Barb)) No words........just hugs......