she came, she's gone

Old 12-25-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

she came, she's gone

All went well. I was nervous the whole time. She said she had been scared to come for fear the abuser or some of his 'people' would find her. She looked good, laughed, enjoyed being home. Said she hadn't slept that good in months.

I got sad and tearful when she left the airport. I stood there watching her as she went through security. She looked back and waved, and it was almost like watching my son leave for boot camp. I thought I was going to die right there. He walked to the gate, handed his ticket and never looked back. I stood there as if waiting on him to bolt off the plane. I watched it leave and sat and cried.

No matter what the circumstances, they are out kids. I love her, I miss her. I never wanted her life or mine to be like this, but it is. SHe is doing the best she can (I guess) and I am trying. But it is so sad, I want her home, sober and happy. I want the time back that has been lost. She said today 6 years is a long time...she has no idea!

Now I feel sad again, but glad she is away and safe. How do you let someone know how much you love them w/o smothering or enabling them?? I don't know, but I pray she knows I love her!

Glad it is over, back to regular life as I know it.

love to all,
susan
Old 12-25-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Susan I'm glad you had a lovely visit and I know in time when things settle back down to normal, the memory of it will warm your heart.

How do you let someone know how much you love them w/o smothering or enabling them??
Somehow the answer is, I believe...by not smothering her or enabling. By letting her spread her wings and fly on her own, find her own way and quietly cheer her on and offer her your support, she will feel your unconditional love. Susan, I KNOW she knows how much you love her...have no doubt. Hugs...You are an awesome lady!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by caileesnana View Post
How do you let someone know how much you love them w/o smothering or enabling them??
I believe she knows, because you've already shown her in many ways.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Susan)))

She knows you love her....I have no doubt. The fact that she slept good is a big thing....think about it - don't you always sleep best when you're in a safe place, and feeling loved?

Glad she got to come home and everything went well. I imagine her laughing was music to your ears!

I know you miss her, but she is doing what she needs to do.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-26-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

our addict children know we love them.they may question it at times but they know. i have no doubt about this. i am happy you had a good visit with her.this is a good memory. we collect them in our heart to get us thro till all of them are. hugs & prayers,
Old 12-26-2007, 05:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

They know we love them Susan. They know because despite everything that addiction does to us, we don't give up on them. You will get better at letting her go as you begin to trust that she will be okay. I am glad that you had a good visit. And I agree with Amy. When my daughter was 4 she had eye surgery. I was able to hold her post-op. The nurses told me that Megan was really restless but when they put her in my arms she just snuggled right in and went back to sleep. Megan could feel my love and the safety of my arms. It is the same with Kasey. She feels the love, never doubt that. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-26-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On a tear

They know the same way we know they love us... they don't have to demonstrate it - we just know.

(((Susan))) What a wonderful holiday - a memory to hang on to!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Susan,
I am so glad that all went well for you and Kasey. It is so nice to see them clean and happy. I know you don't want to give that up......but it will warm your heart for a very long time until you see her again.

You and Kasey are both doing a good job.

Hugs...........Lo