Notices

My first Christmas AA meeting! :)

Old 12-25-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile My first Christmas AA meeting! :)

I went to a Christmas AA meeting tonight and it was so awesome. Powerful! I had goose bumps through most of the shares. I wasn't planning on going tonight because it was Christmas. It was a spur of the moment thing and on the way there, it started raining. My first instinct was to turn around but I kept driving. I went there and it was beautiful with the way they had it decorated. I hadn't been to that AA club in a while but it was great. I got an unexpected surprise too... food! My mom flipped out on everyone today and flaked out on cooking Christmas dinner this year after she said she would be cooking. But I got some AA food, lol.

I feel like I was meant to be in that room tonight. That is why I got the spur of the moment idea to go and it was worth every second of it. For a moment, I felt like it was something magical happening.

Merry Christmas to my SR family.:ghug
Old 12-25-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm also 82 days sober!
This is the best Christmas gift that I've given myself.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh! Hope4 I am so pleased for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't Chrissy meetings awsome?

All meetings are great, but Chrissy ones are just , as you said, magical!

Usually the food is good too LOL

So glad you went

HUGX
Leigh
Old 12-25-2007, 10:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Leigh!!

Yes, definitely magical!

I'm so glad I experienced the magic!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
gives up the thing he loves

Congrats on the sober time, Hope4life! it's great to hear that you are able to enjoy your own gift, sometimes we've just got to spoil ourselves

here's to this one, and many more in the future -
Old 12-25-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks little duck and welcome to SR!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time and glad you had such a great experience Hope, best wishes for the rest of the holiday.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time!

Glad you went to the meeting and got some food

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-26-2007, 02:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Youre doing great, hope!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

a nice God (HP) Shot hope...

good wishes...
Old 12-26-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My family got together and it was my first time around booze since I stopped. I was able to stay with family for about 2 hours, but then I got very uncomfortable. I was sitting around the table and I could smell my Grandpa's breath (he was drinking scotch) and it was that breath that you get when you're real drunk. I always liked that taste in my mouth and the smell when everytime you exhale you can taste alcohol. I found myself getting upset so I ended up going to a meeting and was very glad I did. Some of the people at the meeting had some very powerful shares. I was glad I made it through and had my first sober christmas in a long time.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hope4life & User_Name congrats on the sober holiday, I just had my second sober Christmas and it was better then the first!!!!

In my area we have what we call the Alcathon which is 72 hours straight fellowship, food, meetings & speakers for any and all to come to, what an experience!
I feel like I was meant to be in that room tonight. That is why I got the spur of the moment idea to go and it was worth every second of it. For a moment, I felt like it was something magical happening.
Ah the rewards gained by listening to your HP when your HP whispers in your ear!

I found myself getting upset so I ended up going to a meeting and was very glad I did. Some of the people at the meeting had some very powerful shares. I was glad I made it through and had my first sober christmas in a long time.
That is really awesome, going to a meeting when things are not going well has saved me many times.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, Cheryl - and well done on your sober time - another miracle!!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Some things happened today, and I missed my meeting. I could tell a difference. I've been really struggling with dealing with feelings lately. They are overwhelming me.

I wanted to drink today. It was sooo hard.

I get so stressed out easy...... I don't know what is going on with me.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Get to a meeting as soon as you can, Cheryl, and share how you are feeling with a trusted friend. My emotions terrified me in early sobriety,and still can sometimes. Eventually things will balance out and that emotional rollercoaster won't have so many ups and downs. Keep it simple today, and don't drink. You can do this!!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hope get phone numbers when you go to meetings, if there is no meeting going on I always found it helpful in early sobriety especially when I wanted a drink bad. Today I enjoy the time spent on the phone with a fellow alcoholic who needs someone to talk to.

Beleive it or not, you calling someone because you want a drink may very well be just what kept the person you called from picking up a drink, at a minimum it will help them stay sober for one more day.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hope,

Congrats on your 82 days sober time...

You have made my holidays extra special...It is great to see you are doing so well...:ghug3
Old 12-27-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The world feels overwhelming for me right now. I'm pretty much really down to a day at a time. Thinking of the future terrifies me. This has been my hardest month. Things are happening that are a part of life and it is really difficult for me because I've short circuited my ability to function as a human and all emotions seem to overwhelm me.

I've had no energy to do things so I had to make a list of things to do today. So far I've got half of them done but I'm barely able to touch the rest. I'm also sick at the moment but I keep pushing myself because there are things that have to be done. The world doesn't stop when I'm sick.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am very grateful for the gifts in my life. I do recognize them and I am grateful for it all.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

That magic you felt is what I call God.
I am pleased you went

Way To Go on your sober time!