Merry Christmas Everyone!

Old 12-24-2007, 11:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Everyone!

It's officially Christmas day here in Atlanta, so sending everyone good, calm thoughts.

I went to candlelight Christmas eve service last night at the church I grew up in. It was the church my mom was secretary...at the rental building where we first had services, then the new church (which is not so new anymore). It was also where we had her funeral.

I sat with her best friend, Kay, and her husband, Dan (they are like my other parents). As soon as the first song began, I started bawling...I just really miss my mom, even though she's been gone 16 years. She absolutely loved butterflies and they are all over the church. As we were kneeling for communion (on pads that were embroideried with butterflies), Kay poked me and right in front of us on the tree, was a beautiful butterfly ornament.

I cried a little more on the way home, but I was overwhelmed with how much I have to be grateful for....mostly for being clean and being a part of my family again.

I've gotten some pm's from several of you, telling me thanks for how much I've helped you. I just wanted to return the thanks....you all have helped me SO much with my codie-recovery and it has, in turn, helped me with my addiction recovery. All of you, and your families, are always in my thoughts and prayers. My gratitude prayer list had gotten so long, I just now say "please bless all the people I care about", or if I'm really tired, it's just "please bless the usuals"..God knows who I'm thinking about.

Sorry this is so long, but I just want you to know how much I truly appreciate you all. For all those with your A's still struggling....I pray they find what I've found. Thank you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-25-2007, 12:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
It's officially Christmas day here in Atlanta, so sending everyone good, calm thoughts.

I went to candlelight Christmas eve service last night at the church I grew up in. It was the church my mom was secretary...at the rental building where we first had services, then the new church (which is not so new anymore). It was also where we had her funeral.

I sat with her best friend, Kay, and her husband, Dan (they are like my other parents). As soon as the first song began, I started bawling...I just really miss my mom, even though she's been gone 16 years. She absolutely loved butterflies and they are all over the church. As we were kneeling for communion (on pads that were embroideried with butterflies), Kay poked me and right in front of us on the tree, was a beautiful butterfly ornament.

I cried a little more on the way home, but I was overwhelmed with how much I have to be grateful for....mostly for being clean and being a part of my family again.

I've gotten some pm's from several of you, telling me thanks for how much I've helped you. I just wanted to return the thanks....you all have helped me SO much with my codie-recovery and it has, in turn, helped me with my addiction recovery. All of you, and your families, are always in my thoughts and prayers. My gratitude prayer list had gotten so long, I just now say "please bless all the people I care about", or if I'm really tired, it's just "please bless the usuals"..God knows who I'm thinking about.

Sorry this is so long, but I just want you to know how much I truly appreciate you all. For all those with your A's still struggling....I pray they find what I've found. Thank you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Merry Christmas Sister!
I know what you mean, it's a bit overwhelming to be clean and be so greatful, etc., etc., etc., eh, well for me it is, I couldn't really say what I wanted to say, it's kind of all weird.
Your doing amazing girl, I'm honored to be a part of your recovery and watch you grow!
So cheers to you and me and 2008!:ghug3
And now I'm going to bed, I cannot believe how tired I am. I do not like being tired one bit. :puppet
Merry Christmas Girl!
Old 12-25-2007, 02:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Merry Christmas, Amy. I have a feeling that your mom is a Christmas Angel smiling down at you and so very proud of your recovery.

May today be filled with love and may 2008 bring wonderful new blessings to you.

Hugs
Old 12-25-2007, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

You my friend are what this forum is all about and I've missed you too!
Old 12-25-2007, 04:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Amy, I am proud of you and so glad you are part of our family. Without all of you, I would feel lost. Your mom is smiling down on you today and everyday. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-25-2007, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Amy,

Your light is shining brightly. I feel honored to be able to listen to you as you grow in your recovery.

Big hugs
Cats