Notices

CRAVINGS...safe at home now

Old 12-24-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

CRAVINGS...safe at home now

HeyAll- So I'm out getting food for the big to do at my house tonight and got cravings like you wouldn't believe...stop me in my tracks..vertigo...OMG I want a drink type cravings. I literally was motionless sitting in my truck ...it was that visceral. All this accompanied by all the reasons I should drink...I'm off work, its my life, I like it, I want to, I do a lot, I deserve it, I do what I want, its my money, I pay for everything, they owe me, Who the f*** are they anyway, the kids are a pain in the a**, my guests are a pain in the a**, I WANT.....an endless assault of WANT......maybe need is more correct. I don't know. Anyway, I drove home with gritted teeth.....obviously I didn't drink....I guess I should feel good about that but right now all I feel is tired...though the craving is not as intense.....I hate this...I was able to remember that I have to pick my kids up tonight at 5 and that helped see through the drink a bit....I'm scared of this...the idea was so insidious...just one, just a little....
Old 12-24-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

stay strong, robz - and keep reaching out here today!

hugs, k
Old 12-24-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was scared of my thoughts in the beginning, too, Rob. And I remember very clearly my friend Dee telling me that they are only thoughts, and not omens of bad times or bad choices to come. You may be able to find my thread on the topic if it wasn't lost in the recent crash. It was called, I think, "weird thoughts" (or something along those lines.)

I know you are really busy with family and the holidays, but I recently read a great book about controlling anxious thinking. If you are interested, pm me, and I will dig it out and send you the title and author. It has helped me alot.

Keep strong!