Getting a nose job

Old 12-20-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Getting a nose job

Hey gang

I'm going in to get my sinuses taken out on Friday. It's a two hour in and out job. Not anything serious. I'm having my sinuses taken out cuz they're horribly inflamed from the neuropathy. We've gone thru all the meds and beyond the max dosages and they're just out of control, so out they go.

My darling girlfriend LC is going to be looking after me, and the whole AA fam-damily is going to be in and out. Mostly cuz they want to take pics of me all doped up!!!! *lol* We've got two nurses in the bunch, one a OR and one a ICU and they've already threatened me with all kinds of nasty things if I don't follow docs orders. and some rather large and serious looking biker dudes have seconded that directive.

LC will be in touch with the staff here, so you guys will be kept informed of the goings on. I've got more and more people calling every day, saying they're going to bring food and stay awhile to visit, so I think we're going to wind up with a party at my place *lol*

My only fear is that when it's all over with, I'll end up looking like Dustin Hoffman!!!!

So starting this Friday, I'll be on "vacation" and won't be posting. I'll be out, literally, for a few days, prolly 'till the next Thursday or so. This is going to be my Xmas present to myself, and I just can't wait.

LC is pretty scared. I've been thru 11 heart attacks, 3 cardiac arrests, 6 major hospitalizations, all in a 2 year period, so it's old news to me. It's always harder on the loved ones, so if you guys could send her some support thru your prayers it would mean the world to me.

Like Arnold said, I'll be back, so you guys behave.... well, ok, don't behave _too_ much

Mike
Old 12-20-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Mike, I will pray for you this evening that you have no complications and you heal quickly.
I am a dummy about this kind of surgery, but how do they remove sinuses?

I had a friend a long time ago that always had sinus problems. It was so bad that you could hear her sinus wheeze and bubble if you were sitting next to her in church.
She was like you, always taking meds and was just miserable.
She was about 35. She finally went in to have surgery on her sinuses, and guess what the doctors found? A pencil eraser!! LOL, she said it must have been there since first grade. Can you imagine!!

I hope they don't find any foreign objects in your nose!!
Take care Mike. Come back and let us know how you're doing.
WW
Old 12-21-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((Mike))))

Prayers are on their way. And don't worry, Dustin Hoffman's cute!

UM
Old 12-21-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
My only fear is that when it's all over with, I'll end up looking like Dustin Hoffman!!!!
Well, that's not the worst thing that can happen to a fella. Prayers for a speedy recovery.:praying
Old 12-22-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

Mike!!

You...can't...leave......

Just kidding!

Heres hoping everything goes well.

Take care of yourself when you wake up!

Prayers to Mike,

Growing
Old 12-24-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm coming in late, but want you to know that as one who has had surgery every 3 years on average, I'm sending you good healing thoughts with lots of entertainment to keep you from going bonkers, but not so much that you're bored stiff. bored dot com is great for recovery, and may the sinus surgery not screw up your vision too badly.

Ginger
Old 12-24-2007, 09:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey gang, just stopping by to wave hello. Feeling much better every day, although still a long ways from well. The good news is that there seem to be no harmful effects from having a hole punched in my skull. The bad news is that the rooms of AA are full of comedians that just can't let that opportunity pass. Including my sponsor. As teach would say; oy vey!!!

My eyeballs don't track real well, and my attention span sucks, so I'm not much use on the puter. I'll stop in longer as I am able.

((((((( luv )))))))))) all you guys

Mike
Old 12-25-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope your eyes get better fast! That was always the worst part of surgery on the head IMO.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

So glad to hear your doing better everyday!

Growing