Notices

day 5!

Old 12-20-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 5!

Ok, so i made it to day 5 and making it to tomorrow will be a milestone because i have not been sober for 6 days in a row for a very very long time. my resolve is to go to bed as early as possible tonite so that i am not even tempted to go there. this is the point where i start getting really really nervous. please guys,,,say a prayer for me....i've been trying to talk to god and plead a lot for his help and guidance and i hope i can at least make it over my biggest hump which is day 5. i'll be in throughout the day. best to all....xmas is almost here!!
Old 12-20-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on 5 days hon, the prayer will help, posting here on SR will as well. I found that following in the same path as other sober alcoholics who have been sober longer then me to be very helpful also. They have been in my shoes and made it through the worst of times without a drink longer then I have. They have been there and done that.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup - how about going to a meeting ?
Old 12-20-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on day 5.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks but...

Originally Posted by TorontoGuy28 View Post
Yup - how about going to a meeting ?
i would love to go to a meeting, but i have my 3 year old who is sick and can't really leave her anywhere. leaving town tomorrow for 2 weeks...going to see the family for the holidays...i'll be on here a lot! that's a whole new bag of worms that i probably don't need right now...but it's the holidays, and i'm sure you all know about the obligations. thanks for all of your support. i am actually doing alright. i just need to keep in mind to go to bed early...i am really tired too, and that seems to be a trigger for me. it's like i get so tired, but i am overstimulated and can't get to sleep...so i drink. i need to find a way to calm the mind when that happens.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 5! I understand where you are coming from on drinking to get to sleep and also on how difficult things can be when you have a sick child on your hands. If you can't make a meeting, stay close here. I have taken yoga classes and have learned to use the deep breathing techniques to help me calm down at night. There isn't much to it - you can find stuff about yoga breathing all over the internet and it really works. (I am an idiot at giving instructions or I would tell you myself! Sorry!)

Keep up the good work! Jomey
Old 12-20-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats!

Day 5 here too and the first day that it's been really really tough. Let's both make it to day 6 and feel better tomorrow. Hope your little one feels better, too! Hugs from me!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yoga

thanks jomey...i have a new yoga dvd for am and pm relaxation in my suitcase as we speak! can't wait to try it. i have done yoga before, but i mostly do power yoga. i have not done meditative yoga in years...and boy i need it now!hope it works. you bet i will be here quite often!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey - One of the many reasons that I started drinking too much was due to anxiety. It is always worst at night, and I have found the meditative yoga working wonders for me. It works even better than I could have hoped. I hope you find similiar results. Let me know, and let me know what DVD you are using - I am always up for trying new things. Have a good safe trip. Jomey
Old 12-20-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

yoga

i have used rodney yee's yoga dvd's before, but never the meditative ones. i bought one that is purely meditative this time, and i will let you know how it goes. take care!