Notices

I Need Help!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Need Help!

I need help, I am looseing my mind! Nothing seemes to to be going right and it is just getting worse. No matter what I do I just keep getting more trying things brought on me. Even though I am not asking for them they are just comeing on. If it isnt work than it has to do with my x- wife or just life itsself. I am staying strong and going to meetins talking to my sponsor and even my counsolers. Still not helping! I am running out of things to relieve this pressure and yet it is stilling comeing. I am not drinking and not going down that route cause it will even get worse and it will do nothing but numb it for now and when I get sober the problems will still be there. Please does anybody have any other way to relieve this?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I actually can relate to what you are going through. The thing about sobriety is even though we put the drink down it does not mean that life shi* stops. Life continues and for many of us it takes a while for the damage we did while drinking to be repaired. I don't know if this will help but below is a link to my story of recovery. I think you will find some similiarities and I hope that it gives you some hope for the future.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...dms-story.html
Old 12-19-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Shemp,

I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult time. I don't have any answers but just some suggestions that have worked for me when I'm feeling how you described.
1) Scream your bloody face off into a pillow (may sound silly, it works)
2) Do something athletic, run on a treadmill, push ups, get that energy OUT in a positive way. I can't stress enough how much this helps for me, especially when I feel I'm at my witts end
3)Write down all your feelings. How much you hate so and so, or hate situations, whatever. Use all the profanities and capitols you want. You can keep it or destroy it.
4) Take a "I'm outta here" night, load up on your favorite junk food, favorite movies, laugh and when you're not laughing stuff it with your favorite food
5) Call your funniest friend. Someone who makes you laugh. Go for coffee with them. Or look up funny websites, theres tons.
7) I write out my biggest problems, and look at them. After a while you can give advice to yourself like you're giving to a friend. Nothing needs to be solved overnight.
I'm sorry if this all sounds silly, these are things that have worked for me in the past, and I continue to do the above whenever needed. I hope you find relief somehow. Take care.
Katie
Old 12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you all that is very helpful and you have made me realize to back to the basics. I will do what what said and no nothing is silly.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

gee Shemp the only way out I know is through it...
Old 12-20-2007, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Shemp sounds like you have done a lot of what you can do in regards to going to meetings and staying in touch with your sponsor, youngirish has some good suggestions as well if you do the writing portion hold on to it as a refernce for your 4th step. I will back up Irish on the screaming, I did it in my back yard, but I do not have anyone within ear shot or they would have called the cops!!!! LOL

Screaming for some weird reason lets out the frustrations for a while!!!

Just stay sober, do what you can do to correct things and always keep in mind that "This too shall pass."