Notices

Another dream about drink...

Old 12-19-2007, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Unhappy Another dream about drink...

And again I woke up and thought I had been drinking, thank god I have not...

This time I was drinking with my cousin, whom I used to drink with a lot when I lived and worked in London, a few years back now...

In the dream, I woke up feeling dehydrated on her floor, lying there with my coat and shoes still on and feeling really hungover and I had only a short time to get ready for work...

Scary, so thank god it's not true...

So grateful to be sober this morning again, this time the dream has been useful...
Old 12-19-2007, 01:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

no thanks button so ... THANKS ... Rk... thanks for not drinking.

I'd miss ya.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
no thanks button so ... THANKS ... Rk... thanks for not drinking.

I'd miss ya.
Thank you, it's weird how real these dreams seem when I wake up even though the precise circumstances may not be all that accurate in the dream itself...

It's not that they bother me, just I feel so relieved after them that I post on here...

How are you today, have a good sober weekend?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

it was an onkay weekend, thanks for asking - I think I've the cleanest house in town.

I tend to clean when I get 'down' .. this weekend, for some reason all the ... *sigh* people who've passed on crossed my mind and trust me ... it was like watching a herd cross the prairie.

I'm coming out of it now, though. I do this every yule season. It lasts for a couple of days - then I'm all jolly again.

The good news - I went out and worked on my car - it's running.

I'm one of those odd females ... who LIKES to play with cars. And Motors.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As long as its just a dream mate nothing to worry about.
I think you are doing great. The drinking dreams will go away after a while
Old 12-19-2007, 04:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LOL! aren't drinking dreams the pits?

I havent had any for a couple of years, but good grief, they were so real!

I reckon we must have them just in case we forget what it was like.

And, yes, they are SO real, my last one , I was drinking while waiting to be picked up for a meeting, and I can remember clear as a bell, that old familiar thought, "I will just have this one, then clean my teeth, and they will never know". I used to do that all the time LOL

Thank goodness, they ARE only dreams !

HUGX
Leigh
Old 12-19-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

come to think of it - *I* had a dream where there *was* drinking, qand "they" were trying to talk me into joining them, and I reached down and picked up a candle ... instead of the drink.

I took it as symbolic, actually....
Old 12-19-2007, 05:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Man I used to have all these awful dreams when I quit heroin, like I'd get the drugs, and then I'd get all the stuff I needed, but right when I was about to do it.. BAM someone would walk around the corner, and I'd have to hide everything and wait until later or something.

I used to wake up sweating... you telling me I got this to look forward to with booze? oh man...

I think the candle dream is v. symbolic, barb - that would've been a nice thought to wake up to, I reckon!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Drinking Dreams...

Hi RK,

I used to have a lot of different drinking dreams...the most frequent one being opening a refrigerator full of beer but I never took one out or had one in my hand. It always was so real and in the beginning I would wake up so scared because I thought I had really drank. :ghug3

I am having dreams again but they are related to the last really catastrofic event that happened in 1982 and is always so real and very scary to me. This is the beginning of the time of year that leads me into my anniversary of events that trigger these dreams so I can deal with them when I wake up but that doesn't make them anyless real. :puppet

Here I am up at 5 because I had a dream and woke up wide awake.

Have a good day and keep coming back. :day4

kelsh
Old 12-19-2007, 05:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
not a greeter

You have a good attitude about it RK . Yep... it was just a dream. As irritating or troublesome as they may be, it wasn't real so carry on.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

******{Kelsh}}}}
Old 12-20-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

I had my first one this morning - I was hanging out with some people I'd recently become friends with, and after I'd left them and was walking home I thought "Well, they'll like me so long as I don't get drunk and embarrass myself" and then I realised that I'd been drinking breakfast beer in front of them - I'd picked up some fancy belgian beer on my way to their house, and then I remembered back to when I was sitting there, and they were all looking at me like "dude, it's 10am - you're drinking a beer? wtf?" and I felt incredibly embarrassed, ashamed, guilty, remorseful etc..

BUT THEN I WOKE UP and realised that it was NOT REAL.

Ahhh the RELIEF!!! hahaha seriously, I am in the best mood - still sore and bruised but Day 5 begins, I got a new meeting to go to and a million things to do before xmas travel starts.

All the best to everyone here, and a safe and fantastic holiday season.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sometimes I wake up from one and I kinda feel hungover for a minute or two, then I realize it was just a dream. Scares me every single time. I had a drinking dream that a few of the guys from AA and I went out after a meeting and each bought 12 packs, and they kept telling me "it's ok man, we do this all the time as long as we keep it a secret". It was a weird dream, but then again, my mind is weird too.