I made a call that I am not sure I should have

Old 12-18-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I made a call that I am not sure I should have

Well, after the last couple of days I had been debating on calling the narcotics people and yesterday I did. I feel really guilty about it but I think Lauren will be better off in jail than running the roads, cooking meth, selling and using so I called them and told them exactly who she was dealing with..the ones I know anyway and gave them her tag number. I am scared for her and me but I really think it is for the best, I keep expecting a knock on the door telling me she is dead and I know that those people would not call 911 or take her to a hospital, I figure they would just throw her out somewhere and I can't handle that part of it. She is deeper now than she has ever been and with her being over 18 there is nothing I can do so this is all I knowto do. I called about having her committed but was told there is a 6-9 month waiting list to ever put her anywhere even though she is an iv drug user and she has scars on her forearms from cutting herself so this is all I know to do. Please tell me I have done the right thing!!! I hate the thought of her being in jail but I think it would be for the best!!! Help!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Did you do the right thing? well it looks like you knew what was best for her and figuring out that jail was better than where she is took alot of courage.
As her mother, you know whats best. So if you need someone to say it I will yes you did the right thing. I'm probably gonna get alittle crap about saying that but you sounded like you needed the exact words to come from someone and not just a suggestion of what may or may not have been right.

I have called the narcotics police on many people, I've even driven with them to show them the house because I didn't know the address. It's a dangerous thing to do but sometimes I grew b---s and went for it.

I hope everything works out the way you want, but it's time to step back and take care of you. theres nothing else you can do!!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

FWIW I don't think you did the wrong thing. If you did it for you then it was right.

However, don't hold your breath on her being picked up.

I turned my XABF in last year for his pot growing with intent to distribute, his always being DUI and all the rest. Gave 'em everything. Let me tell you exactly what happened:

NOTHING.

Nope. Nothing.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

It is done. No point to 2nd guess. You took action.
Action usually feels better than doing nothing. Did you get her on a waiting list? If she is a minor she won't go to jail she would go to the juvinile facility.
Most young people I know that choose treatment ctrs only do so after incarceraion bec it looks preferrable to them at that point whe facing those 2 choices. Good for you for taking some action.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
Well, after the last couple of days I had been debating on calling the narcotics people and yesterday I did. I feel really guilty about it but I think Lauren will be better off in jail than running the roads, cooking meth, selling and using so I called them and told them exactly who she was dealing with..the ones I know anyway and gave them her tag number. I am scared for her and me but I really think it is for the best, I keep expecting a knock on the door telling me she is dead and I know that those people would not call 911 or take her to a hospital, I figure they would just throw her out somewhere and I can't handle that part of it. She is deeper now than she has ever been and with her being over 18 there is nothing I can From what I understand about the dangers of cooking methdo so this is all I knowto do. I called about having her committed but was told there is a 6-9 month waiting list to ever put her anywhere even though she is an iv drug user and she has scars on her forearms from cutting herself so this is all I know to do. Please tell me I have done the right thing!!! I hate the thought of her being in jail but I think it would be for the best!!! Help!!!
From what I understand about the dangers of cooking meth, I agree with you that Lauren being in jail is better than her cooking meth,......safer.
My heart and prayers go out to you, Obsessed. It is hard to know what is the right thing when you are terrified for someone you love and second guessing yourself. Now get thee to an alanon meeting if you can. Take care of you.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
Well, after the last couple of days I had been debating on calling the narcotics people and yesterday I did. I feel really guilty about it but I think Lauren will be better off in jail than running the roads, cooking meth, selling and using so I called them and told them exactly who she was dealing with..the ones I know anyway and gave them her tag number. I am scared for her and me but I really think it is for the best, I keep expecting a knock on the door telling me she is dead and I know that those people would not call 911 or take her to a hospital, I figure they would just throw her out somewhere and I can't handle that part of it. She is deeper now than she has ever been and with her being over 18 there is nothing I can do so this is all I knowto do. I called about having her committed but was told there is a 6-9 month waiting list to ever put her anywhere even though she is an iv drug user and she has scars on her forearms from cutting herself so this is all I know to do. Please tell me I have done the right thing!!! I hate the thought of her being in jail but I think it would be for the best!!! Help!!!
You've done what you've done and you did it with the intentions of helping your daughter .. My suggestion is to leave it alone from this point on .. to go forth and try to focus on your own recovery .. Do you go to Nar-anon meetings? They are a wonderful source of support.

:codiepolice
Passion
Old 12-18-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Right thing, wrong thing...do we ever really know?
You did what you needed to do at the moment.
I've been there too. And I do hope this brings about some changes for the good. Don't depend on it, but hope isn't a bad thing.

But Obsessed, I say this with love:
What have you been doing for you?
You've tossed and turned and guessed and second guessed most of your actions that have to do with your daughter, but where are you in all of this?
You can't control her, or cure her, or change her. She has to do that herself.
But you can change you.
Wishing you peace
((((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 12-18-2007, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree that you did what you did hoping to help your daughter. I did the same thing in the past. It did not help my daughter. The police did nothing, the local narcotics team did nothing. They can't just follow her around waiting for her to make a sale. There are so many addicts and so few police. The local narcotics team in our area is comprised of 5 agents and they work 5 counties. They have to pick their battles and they want the big time dealers. Just don't get your expectations too high that something will happen soon. Sending prayers and hugs, Marle
Old 12-18-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((((Obsessed))))
Whether it is right or wrong you did it out of love as a last stitch effort to safe Lauren from herself and the destruction that she is living in. I can say if it were me I would rather have her put in jail that to live the way she is living right now. Who knows this may be her saving grace and she may be thankful that this madness is finally coming to an end for her.

I have read all of your posts, Obsessed, and from what I am seeing I think Lauren wants someone to stop her because she doesn't know how to stop herself....she is in too deep. I am hoping and praying that this moves her into a more positive position. Don't expect miracles, but it could be the beginning to an end.

Rest assure, Obsessed, we all all riding this out with you............Lo
Old 12-18-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

As sad as it is, sometimes jail is the better option. When BOTh my sons wound up in jail, I thought my world just came to an end. The youngest is still there. The oldest got out 9 months later. Within 8 months, he was addicted to drugs and had spent every penny he had saved for his car.
His prob officer put him back in jail to dry out. I hated it so much but I realized if he didn't go back in, he would surely die. As much as "hands off the addict", I let go and let God do His work. He's clean now.