Re Suggestions Continued

Old 12-18-2007, 01:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Re Suggestions Continued

Well she didn't lie, I came here because for some reason I suspected and wondered what the signs were. I was out of the state for awhile , came back, saw her today, she was pretty forthright I didn't even ask, she told, weed and alcohol and back to working in an environment where she is going to be around more (dances). Was clean for 5 months and hung it up. I have friends who use weed (i don't) and are alcoholics (me not much), I could probably settle for another friend that does it, but I can see what is likely to happen here, back to weed, drunk, thought processes not clear, group doing coke, downhill from there. Thanks for the advice, I'm not hurt, just confused as I really like her as a person and hate to see anyone I like damage themselves. If anyone lied I guess it was me, walking away isn't going to be easy and not sure at this point I can, guess i'm pretty screwed up. I know it is not my problem or fault, I met her with before she went to rehab. I don't feel responseable. Glad she was honest and didn't hid anything. One thing she has never done is lie to me and I am glad that hasn't changed.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Frank, I'm sorry she is using and sorry you are bound to be hurt either way...walking away or staying for more of the same. There is no pain-free way out of this, for you or for her.

You deserve better than this, we all do. As painful as they are, we have choices and sometimes letting go is the only healthy choice.

My prayers go out for both of you. How sad addiction is to take those we love.

Hugs
Old 12-18-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm the mother of a heroin addict, I don't have advice as far as relationships go,(after all the crap with my son I couldn't imagine sticking around someone I didn't have to) but anyway, the choice you make is going to be a sink or swim type of choice, you walk away and of course you'll feel guilty for not helping her, although I hope you realize you can't, and if you stay you're in for a ride of your life with trying to help or how much is help and how much is enabling.

good luck with your decision