Been Missing a While

Old 12-17-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DII

Been Missing a While

Friends, I took some time away......though I had it all worked out. I felt strong....but, I'm back at it again with my AW.

I have been reading the latest posts and can take comfort that we all struggle because we care for our alcoholics!

My AW seemingly "simple" is turning out to be anything but. We live apart but still married. I come to find, since she's handling the case herself, that she blew a BAC of over .20%. In California this means an "enhanced" sentence. Stricter and more severe. I realized my AW was still "alcoholic" when she was explaining the unfairness of the process and complaining why her lawyer couldn't help with the sentence. "I just want to make a fresh start in 2008 and put this all behind me".

BAC of over .20% is coma! It's hard to see her go away but she might have too.

So, if you are in California, and your alcoholic get's a DUI.....look our for the enhancement details.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So how are you doing?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DII

Crappy.......but hanging in there....

Thanks for asking!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DII View Post
Friends, I took some time away......though I had it all worked out. I felt strong....but, I'm back at it again with my AW.

I have been reading the latest posts and can take comfort that we all struggle because we care for our alcoholics!

My AW seemingly "simple" is turning out to be anything but. We live apart but still married. I come to find, since she's handling the case herself, that she blew a BAC of over .20%. In California this means an "enhanced" sentence. Stricter and more severe. I realized my AW was still "alcoholic" when she was explaining the unfairness of the process and complaining why her lawyer couldn't help with the sentence. "I just want to make a fresh start in 2008 and put this all behind me".

BAC of over .20% is coma! It's hard to see her go away but she might have too.

So, if you are in California, and your alcoholic get's a DUI.....look our for the enhancement details.
DII
When my A son got his DUI last October, he refused to blow. In Washington that is also a heavier penalty. You are assumed to be over the limit and are treated accordingly as though you blew a high BAC. He did the same thing. The "system" makes it impossible to get your life turned around. The "system" makes people become criminals. The lawyer did nothing. The lawyer ripped me off. The "system" and the lawyer...:chatter They all seem to read from the same script.

Yes we do care for our alcoholics, God love 'em. But it sure doesn't make it any easier to deal with them, does it.

hugs
Old 12-18-2007, 10:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A alcoholic could very easily have a BAC of .20 and still be driving. I am lucky that IL doesn't have "enhanced penalties" for high alcohol levels. My last DUI I blew a .25 on the breathalizer. I am grateful that I was stopped a few blocks from the bar. I believe that I could of hurt someone or worse.