Notices

Went to see the shrink today

Old 12-17-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went to see the shrink today

Well...just got the scrips filled for my anxiety/depression issues...I wonder how many of us struggle with these issues as well as alcohol/drugs..now all I have to do is actually take them...so much wreckage...so much humiliation and pain...I go back to work tomorrow and I'm having paranoia that "they" are waiting to get me. I know delusions are part of early detox and recovery..I'm scared all the time...consumed with guilt...but I didn't get drunk today
Old 12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

You are so not alone. But I do have to say you are much wiser than I in early recovery. It took me almost a year to figure out that maybe I had some mental health issues going along with my detoxing. So I struggled for a long time thinking I must be doing something wrong since I wasn't finding the "pink cloud" everyone else seemed to be finding in recovery.

It is amazing the difference getting the brain chemicals balanced out can make. Today, I still have days when I am down or sad but I can work through those days fairly easily for the most part. Very different than the down and sad related to a chemical imbalance.

Take care, and as hard as it is take your medicine as prescribed. You should see some results soon. Good to see you here.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to see you, Rob. Glad you followed through with seeing your shrink, and that you didn't get drunk today. Good stuff. Hang in there, and as suggested, take your meds as prescribed.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rob, that's a good step you took towards recovery. Take the meds the dr said to take, and stay focused. You can do this!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Good for you Rob!

Karen
Old 12-17-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great news, When I first quit drinking, I had anxiety sooooo bad. But it did go away. It does take a while for your body to heal. Took me 20 years to mess myself up, and it was not fixed over night. But every day It did get a little better.